• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Found Headless Pins,Axminster 24 gauge.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simon45089

Reaction score
Hi, I hope someone can help. I have a panelling project where I need to use my Axminster headless pinner. It is the only pinner that uses 24 gauge pins, and Axi are out of stock, with no clear restock date. Does anyone have some to spare? 15 0r 18mm is what I need. They come in boxes of 10,000 and 1000 or so would be enough.
Will pay postage and for the pins of course.
Many thanks, Simon.

try 23g pins might work?
lesson here is to stick to industry standard! why would axminster import such a dodo. 15g is similar. very useful nails though!

Would be interested to know if 23g work as I have the same gun. I have some 20mm you could have if they are not too long for you?

Would be interested to know if 23g work as I have the same gun. I have some 20mm you could have if they are not too long for you?
I have checked with Axminster and they said they wouldnt be prepared to say if 23g will work and not jam the gun. I havent tried them. If i cant get 18mm then 20mm would be great. Thanks for your kind offer. I will get back to you in a day or two. Simon.

Pretty sure I have some in my workshop - I will have a look when I am back in on Monday

These are what I have got - let me know if any suit what you need.

Attachments

• 20220509_114429.jpg
    20220509_114429.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 10
23 GAUGE STAINLESS STEEL HEADLESS PINS
On ebay for less than £20 / 1000 in the lengths you are looking for.
If a quick google is correct, 24ga are 22 thou' ( of an inch) diameter and 23ga are 25 thou'.
Thats about 15% wider.
Me, I'd try some 23 gauge in the hope that the more common, slightly stronger pins will fit.

Thanks for the offer Trevor, but I took a punt and ordered some 23 gauge pins, and am pleased to say they work perfectly in the Axminster 24 gauge pinner. Hopefully that will help anyone else looking as Axminster are still out of stock. Thanks for your suggestion Sideways, great minds think alike !
Simon.

Thanks for the offer Trevor, but I took a punt and ordered some 23 gauge pins, and am pleased to say they work perfectly in the Axminster 24 gauge pinner. Hopefully that will help anyone else looking as Axminster are still out of stock. Thanks for your suggestion Sideways, great minds think alike !
Simon.
Hi Simon,

I wondered if you were still getting on fine with the 23gauge pins or if you had experienced any issues?

Just got myself the axi pinner

I appreciate that this is an old thread, but I think I can clarify the situation with Axminster's "24G" pinner. I bought an "Axminster Professional AP1220HP Headless Pinner 24G 12-20mm" together with a box of their "24G" pins. Being a bit of a cynic, I figured that there was no logical explanation as to why Axminster should be unique in supplying "24G" pinner and pins. The only logic I could come up with was that they simply wanted to ensure that users purchased pins from them and that it was really a 23G pinner and pins in the first instance.

Sure enough, I established that the purchased pins were in fact marginally larger than the 23G specification!

Indeed the specification in the Operating Instructions states 23G. However the downloaded instructions have an added Axminster frontispiece which indeed states 24G.

Why?

Axminster 24G.jpg

AP1220HP scanned specification.jpg

It works fine with Makita 18mm 23G headless pins.

Weird eh?

Very useful to know. I don’t know why I didn’t think to measure the axi pins! I have a box of the 18mm ones at home and I’ll try and measure them one day this week as well.

Looks like will be able to buy 23 gauge pins from now on!

Back