Headless panel pins

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Brown

Freeloading Social media influenza
Reaction score
I have a broken frame and panel door on a kitchen unit. I can probably glue it back together, but it has laid on mouldings held with 0.7mm square headless pins - no doubt applied with a power tool. One piece isn't held on any more...
My budget nailer/stapler takes much larger brads. Is there something I can knock in with a hammer?

What about just glue and tape to hold it place while it dries? Or use the wood glue and super glue trick?

Rorschach":37vkwir7 said:
What about just glue and tape to hold it place while it dries? Or use the wood glue and super glue trick?
The originals aren't glued at all. Maybe something to do with the floating panel, and the difficulty of keeping glue away from it.

John Brown":12yrzugk said:
Rorschach":12yrzugk said:
The originals aren't glued at all. Maybe something to do with the floating panel, and the difficulty of keeping glue away from it.

Ah ok. Well thick CA glue is pretty easy to control and probably holds almost as well as little pins do. Just put a few blobs on here rather than a bead.

You need a pinpush, or pushpin, sometimes called a rampin or brad pusher
£15 ish from toolpost and others

Slightly off tack, if you need thin pins with decent flat heads go to an apiarists' supplier and get "chemically blackened gimp pins" which are used for hive frames. You used to be able to buy pin pushes that had been bored out to use with them - you may still be able to.

My dad used to have a pinpush/pushpin. I've done tye job now. My local hardware store (Durcans) did have something suitable, and I used a hammer and a nail punch.
Thanks anyway.

Back