Head Stock Adapter for Parkside Lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok here goes my first post hope I do it right.
Hi guys just wondered how you are getting on with your new chucks with the parkside lathe. I suppose I am asking if you think it is worth the expense and time to upgrade to a thread adapter and chuck

Hi,

I've recently picked up the parkside/lidl lathe and am looking for a head stock adapter and came across this thread.

I don't seem to be able to pm flh801978, but am interested in the thread adapter you've been doing.

Paul

Paul,
I've not used the adapter that FLH made for me and I now have a new lathe so don't need it anymore. I'll drop you a message

Hi, is anyone still making these adapters for the Parkside Lathe? (first post so can't direct message yet) thanks.

thanks for the info, yes, I noticed the seller, :) will get in touch with them.

Hi

Is this thread still open?

I also got the parkside lathe, then bought a vevor 2.75 inch chuck on eBay, 1ln x 8TPI thread

it seems to fit but turns on the spindle past (over) the tightening nut so I’m not convinced it will be safe

any ideas

You probably have a 3/4" diameter thread ( 0.75" = 19.05mm) and the thread is a metric 18mm diameter. I would be concerned that the threads are only gripping very slightly and under load it could detach completely.
You need to get hold of an adapter, or buy a better lathe. The parkside one is very basic.

Hi

Is this thread still open?

I also got the parkside lathe, then bought a vevor 2.75 inch chuck on eBay, 1ln x 8TPI thread

it seems to fit but turns on the spindle past (over) the tightening nut so I’m not convinced it will be safe

any ideas
Yes. Get a lathe not an anchor. Sorry.

I can make /modify your spindle to anything you want

Evening. I came in search of a spindle thread adapter, and found this (and similar) posts, and wonder if you can help me.
I acquired an old lathe off Freecycle a few months ago. To be honest it looks kind of home made...
The thread to attach stuff to is 1/2 inch 20tpi UNF (I know this only because I found an old die that fits it smoothly), which of course is nothing like the standard adapter threads.
Would you be able to make an adapter that converts this to one of the modern standard threads?

Dowels, spindles, small bowls and cups mainly. As I am just starting out with this, it is an interim til I decide whether to upgrade.

If you are buying a chuck then i would recommend a record sc1 or sc4 then its a simple insert adapter and when you out grow the lathe a new adapter will make your chuck fit your new lathe
Hi I have a parkside lathe too, please will you make me an adapter. Quick question you have said above a SC4 or SC1 chuck will fit the adapter, I have seen talk about m33 being a good one, but I honestly dont understand the differences I just like turning wood, and the lathe currently limits my options

Latest posts

Back