Head Stock Adapter for Parkside Lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like flh801978 has just found his calling in life! 😂
This is just a thought and is probably daft but M18 x 1.5 is very close to 3/4 x 16 tpi. There couldn't have bee a measuring error could there?

I have a parkside lathe and although it is a cheepy lathe so far it has been working well for me. It has an odd thread about 3/4 of an inch ish Wide and I dont know what the tpi is. But the next upgrade of lathe I have my eye on has a 1" 8tpi thread. So if I buy a chuck now to use on the parkside when I upgrade to a new lathe the chuck will fit.

43CE9805-CD05-41A3-BAA2-4462618FD92E.jpeg
DEBCC26F-DFBC-4ABA-A7F9-D5D406D5E79E.jpeg
]Here’s your adapter cats mother

Hi everyone, sorry to bring this thread back to life but I've just got one of these parkside lathe's and was wondering if flh801978 is still willing to turn an adapter for me like the one turned for Cats_mother or if anyone knows of an adapter/chuck that would fit my spindle.
I'm really new to this but having a chuck I can turn bowls on is going to be useful for my leaning.
Many thanks all

Hi everyone, sorry to bring this thread back to life but I've just got one of these parkside lathe's and was wondering if flh801978 is still willing to turn an adapter for me like the one turned for Cats_mother or if anyone knows of an adapter/chuck that would fit my spindle.
I'm really new to this but having a chuck I can turn bowls on is going to be useful for my leaning.
Many thanks all
I’m also in the same boat if flh801978 isn’t getting bored of this yet :)

If you are buying a chuck then i would recommend a record sc1 or sc4 then its a simple insert adapter and when you out grow the lathe a new adapter will make your chuck fit your new lathe

Latest posts

Back