He LyNx I like your idea of the glue bottle

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mcluma

Established Member
Reaction score
I see you are using the fairy liquid washing up bottle as glue bottle. Great idea 8)

I have the titebond glue bottle, (small one) which i keep refilling, but the quality of the lid is getting worse and worse.

I might give it a try

McLuma

Good evening gentlemen

About 4 years ago, I had a bottle of titebond 11 that was messed up where the glue came out. I had notice earlier that the wife had thrown out a empty mustard bottle. Being the tight wad, the light went on in my head. Ten minutes later I had a yellow bottle that worked. I placed it with another bottle of glue on a shelf in the shop.

A few evening later, my grandson was in the shop with me while I was getting ready for a glue up. I asked him to go get the glue off a certan shelf.

He came back in a minute and said " Poppa, do you want the regular glue or the mustard glue." :D

He doesn't come around too often these days but I will never forget that line. :(

Moral of the story.--Mustard bottles work for glue. :D

Travis

DW, it's not the pump action bottles i use, just the normal "sqeeeze" type which have a lip-over lid on then. To be honest, anything like that works, salad cream bottles have bigger holes which are good if you have a job with a large amount of gluing.

Andy

The idea is just so simple, why didn't I came up with this earlier. would have saved me buying a new Titenbond bottle just to have a good working one again

McLuma

Mcluma":2qgsetwa said:
The idea is just so simple, why didn't I came up with this earlier. would have saved me buying a new Titenbond bottle just to have a good working one again

McLuma

Your not the only one, it is something that has never occured to me, what a good idea. Rushes away to check through the re-cycling bin.

If you don't fancy rummaging around your dustbins, pound shops often have a set of three sauce bottles (red, brown and yellow) for, well, a pound. I use them for shellac and such as well; much easier squeezing the shellac onto the cloth than trying to dip the cloth in a flippin' jam jar.

Cheers, Alf

Back