• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

He LyNx I like your idea of the glue bottle

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Mcluma

Established Member
Reaction score
I see you are using the fairy liquid washing up bottle as glue bottle. Great idea 8)

I have the titebond glue bottle, (small one) which i keep refilling, but the quality of the lid is getting worse and worse.

I might give it a try

McLuma

LyNx

Established Member
Reaction score
old habit from many moons ago. Glad you like the idea :wink:

Travis Byrne

Established Member
Reaction score
Good evening gentlemen

About 4 years ago, I had a bottle of titebond 11 that was messed up where the glue came out. I had notice earlier that the wife had thrown out a empty mustard bottle. Being the tight wad, the light went on in my head. Ten minutes later I had a yellow bottle that worked. I placed it with another bottle of glue on a shelf in the shop.

A few evening later, my grandson was in the shop with me while I was getting ready for a glue up. I asked him to go get the glue off a certan shelf.

He came back in a minute and said " Poppa, do you want the regular glue or the mustard glue." :D

He doesn't come around too often these days but I will never forget that line. :(

Moral of the story.--Mustard bottles work for glue. :D

Travis

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
How are you guys sealing up the bottle after use, and do you clean up the pump mechanism before you put away?

LyNx

Established Member
Reaction score
DW, it's not the pump action bottles i use, just the normal "sqeeeze" type which have a lip-over lid on then. To be honest, anything like that works, salad cream bottles have bigger holes which are good if you have a job with a large amount of gluing.

Andy

Mcluma

Established Member
Reaction score
The idea is just so simple, why didn't I came up with this earlier. would have saved me buying a new Titenbond bottle just to have a good working one again

McLuma

Waka

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Mcluma":2qgsetwa said:
The idea is just so simple, why didn't I came up with this earlier. would have saved me buying a new Titenbond bottle just to have a good working one again

McLuma
Your not the only one, it is something that has never occured to me, what a good idea. Rushes away to check through the re-cycling bin.

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
If you don't fancy rummaging around your dustbins, pound shops often have a set of three sauce bottles (red, brown and yellow) for, well, a pound. I use them for shellac and such as well; much easier squeezing the shellac onto the cloth than trying to dip the cloth in a flippin' jam jar.

Cheers, Alf