Having Problems with Internet Explorer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Taffy

You say this is a work computer. Who looks after the IT at your place? They should fix it not you. If you start reinstalling etc etc then any IT support that you may have may well drop all future support for you.

Roger

Roger,

Fear not. We are only a two - man company, and our IT support is provided by an external consultant.

It appears that I have fixed the problem at long last. On Friday, my subscription to Norton AV expired.

This morning, I installed Panda Titanium AV (on the advice of said consultant). Once I had got it all installed and updated, I ran a scan.

Guess what? It found 14 items that it didn't like. Most were tracking cookies (despite me running Microsoft Anti Spyware), but it also found 2 viruses and 2 spyware programs. One of the viruses had been resident for over 12 months!!!

Obviously I allowed it to delete everything it found, and know IE works like a charm again.

Obviously I am not impressed with Norton! Having said that, no AV software can pick up everything, so to be on the safe side now, we have Norton Internet Security on the proxy server, and Panda on the two "user" machines. Hopefully this should give us two lines of defence in the future.

Once again, thanks to everyone for thir help and advice.

Regards

Gary

Back