Have you seen the size of this !!!!!!!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

It's not the size that matters, it's what you do with it ... or so I'm told :twisted: :twisted:

Unfortunately, this is too long to fit into my tiny workshop!!

Mike.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Can you imagine turning up at some club to give a Demo. on penturning
with your lathe on a lowloder . :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
And asking the members to move their cars to let you reverse in . :shock: :twisted:
You could take some tall orders with it. :oops:

I didn't think ebay allowed the addition of vat to the purchase price - maybe I'm mistaken?

As others have observed, it's big!

Without sounding as if I'm bragging have a look at the piccie below - what is hiding behind the wood??

DSCF2626.jpg

And then James is busy morticing, but what is my morticer mounted on??

DSCF2931.jpg

Yup a sliding table on my lathe bed

here it is without a little boy in the way!

DSCF2619.jpg

And in this old photo you can see the business end!

DSCF0060.jpg

So am I allowed to say - I've got one?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That ad says that VAT is to be added to the winning bid - are they allowed to do this by ebay's t&c? That tactic alone would make me say "get stuffed", even if I wanted such a behemoth

When a company buys a machine they pay VAT and re claim it

so

when it is sold and off the book as a company asset it must be sold Plus VAT so our Revenue and Customs get the hump :?

We have one in the main workshop here waiting for the motor to be serviced. It'll turn up to 8' on the outside of the head. Can't wait to get my hands on it as it is truly a massive piece of kit. Only snag is the chick, 4 jaw but each is independently turned so a pain to adjust properly.

Pete

Blister":1qhcujmz said:

so

when it is sold and off the book as a company asset it must be sold Plus VAT so our Revenue and Customs get the hump :?

That may be the case, but ebay T's and C's say that the final price should include any applicable VAT.

marcros":1jb9u1kd said:
Blister":1jb9u1kd said:

so

That may be the case, but ebay T's and C's say that the final price should include any applicable VAT.

As its up for auction . not buy it now how does the seller know what it will sell for when listing it :-k :-k :-k

Blister":15t2gnmv said:
marcros":15t2gnmv said:
Blister":15t2gnmv said:

so

As its up for auction . not buy it now how does the seller know what it will sell for when listing it :-k :-k :-k

It doesnt matter- the sale price should be inclusive of VAT@ 20%. If it goes for £120, then £20 of that is VAT. If it goes for £1200, £200 is VAT. It is a way that ebay can charge more fees because it will be a higher price that it is calculated on.

VAT is NOT I say again NOT allowed to be added to an item at the end of the auction and must be included in the price if it is a BIN, you may find that item be revised when somebody reports it.

Andy

Amazing how a topic can change #-o

I started out by saying " -------------------- "

and now its a VAT topic #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o :? :? :? :? :?

Careful Allen,someone might mention fuel and VAT - where would it go then #-o #-o

Latest posts

Back