Have you lit yours yet??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dodge

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok I wimped out this morning and lit the woodburner in the shop just to take the chill off.

I suppose its an age thing and my blood is thinning - I never used to have any heat in the workshop and never fealt or noticed the cold.

So have you started heating your workshop yet??

Oh by the way I havnt let my wife turn the heating on at home yet though :mrgreen:

i put the padded lining inside my motorbike jacket and wore my neck tube and balaclava this morning, also after persistent nagging from the missus i fixed the radiator in the bedroom last night. :lol:

adidat

Gave in monday afternoon, first fire of the year! just as well though I'm running out of space with all the "stored offcuts"

No heating in shed and suffer from reynaud's so not very fun! We have had the central heating on in the house for the past week though and it's still bloody freezing. How we spent a winter in a 25ft caravan with frozen toothbrushes and no water I don't know!

Whats wrong with you guys, the wife and I were sat out in the garden last night with a glass of red in our Tee Shirts, she comments, 'its getting a bit cold should we light the chiminea', ok said I but only because I have a garage full of offcuts!!!

Stew (from hot and sunny Northumberland)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dodge":2jt62zec said:
Ok I wimped out this morning and lit the woodburner in the shop just to take the chill off.

I suppose its an age thing and my blood is thinning - I never used to have any heat in the workshop and never fealt or noticed the cold.

So have you started heating your workshop yet??

Oh by the way I havnt let my wife turn the heating on at home yet though :mrgreen:

I don't have heating in the shop. If the weather gets really bad, then I just keep out! Usually, that is when it's so bad it is dangerous to make the walk into the shop, which isn't often!

My home heating is on, and it stays on until the weather turns properly. I find it false economy to switch on and off. But then I have a reliable thermostat on my system. It seems to be the best option. Comparing the bills of up to three years ago, the difference is not worth worrying about.

John :)

Digit":zcy5oci5 said:
No, just a slightly thicker coat.

Roy.

That was my usual solution Roy; plus extra thick socks. Until last year. I got frost-nip in my toes.
At my time of life, I considered it best to take no more chances like that.

So much for global warming eh?

John :)

Well GW is doing wonders for my heating bill! Cutting my 'carbon footprint' in the process! :lol:
Can't all be bad.
Anyone for ice cream with their Turkey?

Roy.

I changed from T Shirt to sweatshirt yesterday...that was a bit premature...I was blinkin' hot today!

Still over 10 degrees at night and 17 in the day this weekend in Tropical Kent...

This time last year was two foot of snow!

I checked the gas bill comparison year on year....Oct/Now....last 25 zillion units...this year 8.1 units....

See you later...off to pick the grapes..... :mrgreen:

Jim

Last time we had snow was last May! I kid you not :shock: There was about 4" of the dammed stuff and the first time in May for 50 years!!

Roll on global warming and for a start it can warm my own personal likkle globes 8) 8)

Looking good for the 11.11.11.11 celebrations here tomorrow. Armistice Day is a public holiday and as a member of the Ancien Combattant Association for the village we go on after the celebration for a short 5 course lunch. Only till about 5 or 6 'o' clock and only 1 1/2 glasses or so of wine you understand :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hell, but I suppose I must do my bit? 8) 8)

Back