Have you had your booster jab ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had Pfizer for jabs 1 & 2 but they gave me Moderna for my booster today.

do you know if they're giving 50mg there as the booster? I'd take either. my parents think it's like coffee brands, that once you get used to one, you don't want to switch (mid 70s age). Both got boosted with no noticeable side effects - really for any of the three. Dad said he might've been a little fatigued for a couple of hours on the evening of the shot, but he could sleep standing up, and admitted he thought it might just be his imagination.

I believe it was 0.25ml. I'm feeling a bit funky at the moment with a mild background headache. I had no side effects from either of the Pfizer jabs.

do you know if they're giving 50mg there as the booster? I'd take either. my parents think it's like coffee brands, that once you get used to one, you don't want to switch (mid 70s age). Both got boosted with no noticeable side effects - really for any of the three. Dad said he might've been a little fatigued for a couple of hours on the evening of the shot, but he could sleep standing up, and admitted he thought it might just be his imagination.

I seem to recall reading that the NHS are deliberately using a different vaccine manufacturer for the booster. I’ll be happy to have whatever they offer when I get the invitation.

My original jabs were Astra-Zeneca, and I had a Pfizer booster yesterday. Feeling a bit rough now, but no worse than a good hangover. The. injection site is pretty sore though. The mass-vaccination organisation was not of the best this time round - the first invite letter was to a vaccination site 100 miles away, the second one named a site much closer, with a time - but no date specified... The third one finally got it right though, and the service at the actual vax centre was brilliant - calm, quiet, friendly and very professional.

I had a reply from the Practice Manager at our GP Surgery to my complaint about the 4 week wait for my booster when booking through our GP Practice. She was very apologetic stating we should have been directed to the NHS website to book an earlier booster to a nearby village. She then said that NHS England have completely changed the process for giving the booster putting the onus more on GP Practices without any increase in staff. Ironically I did receive a text from the NHS the day after, advising me to book online. I booked for the 5th at a vac centre 18 mins away and it went very smoothly. Reading between the lines it looks like an admin rather than clinical problem in that the new process requires GP Practice administrators to do more of the database work in a system that is very much paper based, so lots of data entry etc.

Being cynical it could also be down to how the GP Practices are being paid for these boosters, as they may be paid a lot less that vacs 1 & 2. I used to work in the NHS and GP's are paid a set amount based on their number of patients per year and then receive extra payments for additional work. It wouldn't surprise me if this was a problem.

They really do seem to be making a bit of a Horlicks of this. I keep getting text messages offering me a booster and a link. Thing is I've already had my booster.

I had my booster and flu jabs on Tuesday my original jabs were Astra-Zeneca, and I had the Pfizer booster this time never felt a thing till this morning and woke up to a little ache in injection site left arm, well pleased how it's worked out for me.

Much better to get too many reminders than too few 🙂

I think there is clinical evidence that having a different booster from the original two boosts resistance.

It's been jabbing week for me. Monday flu, left arm, Boots. Wednesday pneumonia right arm at GP, you get one, not an annual one, over 65.

Then to my surprise I got the NHS text and email Weds asking me to book a booster. Until last week they were saying 6 months plus one week, but that last bit has been dropped and it came 183 days after last Covid jab. Online booking for a local vaccination centre.had a few slots left on Thursday so went. Don't have 3 arms so that went into the left as well. Round here the GPS are just doing housebound, all else is at vaccination centres. Surprisingly efficient.

The woman who ran the first phase roll out for the NHS so well got transferred to a job in #10 in summer. A couple of weeks ago she transferred back and I sense a much greater pace of boosters and school age delivery since.

The vaccination centres round here have professional jabbers but all the stewarding and meet & greet is done by volunteers. Still at it after all these months. Thanks are due to them.

Had both AZ jabs ages ago. Had the Phizer booster last Friday. The 2nd AZ put me to bed for 2x days. The Phizer, just gave me a sore arm. Question in the U.K. do you have COVID cards, over here we have like a plastic card, which can be scanned with a QR code, which gives the date, vaccine maker, and batch number, and passport or ID card number.

Had both AZ jabs ages ago. Had the Phizer booster last Friday. The 2nd AZ put me to bed for 2x days. The Phizer, just gave me a sore arm. Question in the U.K. do you have COVID cards, over here we have like a plastic card, which can be scanned with a QR code, which gives the date, vaccine maker, and batch number, and passport or ID card number.
We have a cardboard card and an NHS App that provides an electronic record of your jabs

Had both of my Astra Zeneca Covid vacs at the local doctors... 6th Feb and 21st April - and hoped to get the booster there when having the flu jab.

I had the booster reminder email and text messages near the end of October... while on holiday in Cornwall... so went to make the appointment online beginning of this week. Nearest to me is about 7 minutes away by car - furthest about 25 minutes in another town. Went for the "7 minute" site and booked in for the 25th November - no idea what date I'd have got with the 25 minute one.

I had my Flu vac at my local doctors a week before going on holiday, with no side effects at all. I was told by the doctor/nurse/professional doing the flu jab they couldn't/wouldn't be doing the Covid booster because they'd been *let down/side stepped* (?) by the local NHS body!? I had thought, when told when having the flu jab, that perhaps the doctors *couldn't* do the booster because the initial jabs had been AZ, *perhaps* the MP didn't/doesn't have the facilities (freezers) to store the Pfizer and with any (all?) boosters would be the Pfizer this was a valid reason for not giving the booster?

Now... the local doctors are based in a "Medical Practice" which serves the whole town... millions of £££s spent on it a few years ago - LARGE practice buildings/*zones* etc., right next to the town's Hospital AND has a Pharmacy established on the premises!

The "Medical Practice" aren't doing the booster - - -BUT my appointment is at the PHARMACY!!! Doesn't make any sense to me - why at the pharmacy and not with the doctors as they did for the initial vacs?

Now thinking that I need to phone the pharmacy about the booster to see which I'd be getting if they are doing it? Sorry for the (over) long posting.

The OP asked if the booster was shown on the online 'vaccine certificate'. Had mine, and no its not, the system isn't configured to record a 3rd.

That shouldn't matter, but I see that France (who did booster rollout rather faster than we did) is saying the covid certificates for over 65s will only be valid from 1 December if they show the booster. Seems likely that the 65 age limit will go down as their roll out continues and more become eligible. I think one or two other EU countries (Austria?) are doing the same soon.

So I wonder what happens if you travel to France or similar using a UK certificate that the EU will recognise but is incapable of recording the 3rd shot?

Best ask questions before you book any trips.

Had my booster and flu jab yesterday evening. Done by Air Force staff. Got both in the same arm, but probably not the best idea. When I got the flu jab, it forced a lot of my covid jab out of my arm. Slight sore arm today, but apart from that, feel OK. The second Covid was worst. Wife and I felt really bad for a couple of days.

I guess we are all different with different reactions by some

I had first and second jabs Astrazeneca at a local centre, no reactions at all, brilliantly organised centre by the way about 10 miles away

Had my pfizer booster on Saturday at our doctors, slight ache in shoulder for a day then nothing

Chap that did it gave me a card and said it was all logged on the computer

Wife had her two pfizer with and ache in her shoulder, gone after a day, pfizer booster just over a week ago and flu one in each arm, ache in shoulder for a day but no other effects

My first two were Astrazeneca with no side effects, going for my Pfizer booster tomorrow so fingers crossed.

Cheers

Peter
Both my wife and I had 2xAZ earlier in the year, and a Pfizer booster last week. Had a bit of a sore arm for 24h, but no other side effects evident.

Good luck!

Both my wife and I had 2xAZ earlier in the year, and a Pfizer booster last week. Had a bit of a sore arm for 24h, but no other side effects evident.

Good luck!

Thanks, Sarah and I are both feeling fine at the moment and long may it continue. Covid is running riot through both our girls schools at present hoping we can all stay safe.

Cheers

Peter

Back