Have you had your booster jab ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in Scotland.
Highest risk groups are being done just now. Invitation letters for 60 to 69 age group started to be sent out on the 25th Oct. Vaccinations taking place late Oct and throughout November.
Hopefully the timing isn't so critical, but there is so much hype in the media about passports and the booster being rolled out, you have to be mindful not to start thinking it's late. It's a huge undertaking. I'm happy they are concentrating on the highest Risk people and frontline health and social care workers first.

Had my booster about a week ago, just checked my vaccination status on the NHS site, no mention of the booster being administered, just the two jabs from earlier in the year, either it takes a while to catch up with the massive undertaking or the pass will not be updated?

This thread required a lot of moderation to keep the discussion on track and free of contentious posts. Please use the Off Topic II forum for such discussions so this thread can remain open.

Received both flu and booster jabs earlier this week - one in left and other in right arm. Bit of an ache but cleared up in a day or so.
Must say I have been impressed by the way the Scottish Government has handled the whole covid crisis, both by the injections programme and keeping people informed.
And no, I'm not trying to make any political point!

I was discussing this with friends today. Jabs 1 and 2 were handled extremely efficiently; both one of our friends and I are classed as vulnerable so had letters and texts from the NHS plus follow-up texts from our local GP Practice. The jabs were centralised in the GP Practice of a larger village and again very efficient. However it seems that the process for arranging boosters has changed, and not for the better as it all seems to fall on GP practices now. Ours is short staffed and incredibly busy for a rural practice so my wife had to ask them if she could book as I was 6 months and one week since my 2nd jab. The receptionist said yes but the earliest appointment was the 24th November i.e. 4 weeks after I am due for the jab! The reason given was they don't have the staff to cope which given the success of jabs 1 and 2 just doesn't make sense. I'm very suspicious that it's an admin problem in that they can't deal with the checking and booking overhead but I intend to contact the practice manager to find out.

I was discussing this with friends today. Jabs 1 and 2 were handled extremely efficiently; both one of our friends and I are classed as vulnerable so had letters and texts from the NHS plus follow-up texts from our local GP Practice. The jabs were centralised in the GP Practice of a larger village and again very efficient. However it seems that the process for arranging boosters has changed, and not for the better as it all seems to fall on GP practices now. Ours is short staffed and incredibly busy for a rural practice so my wife had to ask them if she could book as I was 6 months and one week since my 2nd jab. The receptionist said yes but the earliest appointment was the 24th November i.e. 4 weeks after I am due for the jab! The reason given was they don't have the staff to cope which given the success of jabs 1 and 2 just doesn't make sense. I'm very suspicious that it's an admin problem in that they can't deal with the checking and booking overhead but I intend to contact the practice manager to find out.
Yes that does seem a bit pathetic, imagine if everybody was going to die within three days without a jab of something or other, you could line everybody up and get it done very quickly, some people are doers and others find any excuse or reason not just to get on with it.

I found the process extremely well thought out and administered, received an e-mail from the NHS with a link to lots of dedicated vaccination facilities in my area, went through them until I found one that could administer the jab in a couple of days, this was a Wednesday and had my jab on the Friday, I think expecting your GP practice to administer to all of its patients is expecting too much from them, hence the dedicated vaccination facilities around the country.

As far as I know, few if any GP practices are involved in the booster jabs, because whatever the first jabs were, the booster will be either Pfizer BionTec or
Moderna. I don’t know about Moderna, but Pfizer needs cold chain storage to keep it at a temperature far below that which GP surgeries have, unless perhaps located at larger health centres.

For the initial jabs and booster, my notifications came via the NHS (texts and emails), with links to the NHS site to book appointments online, and a phone number to call if preferred. As my wife and I had separate notifications, I phoned to book appointments for us both at the same time. Phone was answered with no delay, I was asked what date and time would be most convenient and the very helpful operator told me which the nearest vaccination centre was. (Under a mile away). Volunteers were on site to direct people into the car park and waiting room - no delay, couldn’t fault any aspect.

As is the norm, we weren’t notified about ‘flu jabs - we asked when the GP had sessions, and could just as easily have visited one of several local pharmacies to walk in without an appointment.

The only minor criticism is that the booster jab hasn’t yet been added to my vaccine re-record, but that’s no big deal - I have the benefit of the added protection and that’s what matters most.

It's really weird because I still haven't had any notification from the NHS or local practice so I went on the NHS booking website and entered all the details they asked for and it said I could book an appointment for tomorrow pm at a vac site 9 miles away! I've emailed the practice manager but received an out of office (half term). When I looked at the Practice website to see if there was any update on booster vacs there was an announcement saying a member of the admin team had tested positive!

Had my third jab yesterday. Not a booster but third primary. Excellent administration - text invitation to book (well, actually three text invitations to book!) Efficient arrangements at the GP practice that's doing these in our area. Clear information from the team. In and out in 20 mins - including the obligatory wait time. The stiffer arm is the one with the flu jab in it! Booster in 6 months.

Booster jab organisation up here now seems to be haphazard as they keep changing how to get one. Wait for the invite....don't wait for the invite. I was lucky...text from the surgery offering me to book an appointment at a vaccination pop-up centre in a nearby town. The missus is still finding it hard to get a booking ...mind you, she does have some weird ideas and doesn't like going into a walk-in centre set up inside a church.

Out for my booster this morning, booking offer came in a text 2 week ago very easy and quick.

Anyone with the NHS app and had a booster...does your app show this ? Mine doesn't.

Got my booster/flu appointment today. 7:13PM Sat 13th. Glad I wasn't chosen for the night shift!!! shows the pressure they are under to get it done. I would have gone in the middle of the night if I had been asked.

had ours today, nothing but a sore arm.
A friend went into a sort of rant the other day when I mentioned we are going for the booster. He
thinks it is a conspiracy by the big pharma companies & it is
all a waste of time because covid is not killing people.
All I said was well don't get the jab..lol

will be getting boosted sometime between now and the end of the year. This weekend, need to work, and next weekend having inlaws in town (which may be an ideal time to try to have "side effects").

No reaction to the first to pfizer shots, so it probably wouldn't be a problem, but will wait until there is a clear weekend available.

I have been "trying" to get covid delta earlier in my vax by doing nothing to keep from getting it, but as far as I know, no success. That gets a little less attractive as the original vax wears off, so will boost and start over in search for a breakthrough.

Latest posts

Back