Have any dumb dreams?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is intended to be a humorous thread, so if you're on something that gives you horrifying dreams, then maybe not the place.

At any rate, I have two - one is persistent - I'm walking somewhere in college my last semester and can't find my paper schedule of courses, and then realize I've been missing a math course for at least weeks, perhaps months, and that I'll be stuck there next semester. College was more than two decades ago. I never had this occur while I was there. In the dreams, I'm always trying to figure out how to eke out a D in the course (I never got a D either), graduate on time, and am concurrently annoyed with what it will do to my weighted grade profile.

The second dream is - Target (the retailer, not sure if that's overseas) , which is wildly successful here, is found to have been cooking books and the stores are closing. I don't know why I'd care as I don't generally go to target aside from it being less than a mile away (so for milk, or to use the pharmacy). The dream makes less sense than that, though - in it, I'm walking through a target store with no people in it an remarking to my wife "I can't believe they all went out of business". I'm supposing while awake that if they actually closed the stores, I probably wouldn't be walking through them remarking that they're closed.

When I wake up from either of these, it takes a second to realize they make no sense. After I'm awake for 5-10 seconds, I think "thank God I'm not in college any longer" or "why dream about target closing? I wouldn't care if they did."

The first dream would be far worse if I realized I'd have to come back the next semester and take five pompous art history or philosophy courses.
I have a similar dream, it's the morning of my Maths final and I cannot remember any of it. Obvious anxiety dream but feels very real. When I was still single and living in the same house as when I was at collage I'd wake up and see my desk devoid of all collage work but still have to go down stairs and look at something I bought after I graduated to make sure it wasn't real. Still happens from time to time 32 years later.

Once had a very vivid dream being chased by something with big teeth, it caught me and I punched the wall so hard the plaster board cracked and I couldn't hold a pen for days - good job I was single then - she would have an opinion, I know she would.

Morning, all...
PTSD? Perhaps you're right. I'd never considered that.
As regards being "brave", it's not the case, I'm afraid! Purely a reflex action. Anyone who spotted the kiddie veering towards the edge would've done exactly the same. I was just fortunate to get - and keep - a grip on his clothing.
I've just read Footplate2012's account above. Now that's scary. To do it every day, and keep trying to second-guess what that third party's just about to do? That takes some bottle, matey.
Not really bottle. Just the ability to grit your teeth and hope for the best. I have thrown the brake in once or twice, but the reality is if a train is doing 70+ and someone jumps out it isn't going to stop no matter what you do. It's a bit like driving a train at night in bad weather. You can't see ahead, apart from the signals, but you know where you are from your experience. And you know if you hit something the driver is going to get it. But you know the chances of hitting something big are infinitely small. If a driver thought about such things they'd never turn a wheel. Which is why many drivers that have had a fatality never drive again. It has never happened to me, fortunately. And yes, I am touching wood.

Morning, all...
PTSD? Perhaps you're right. I'd never considered that.
As regards being "brave", it's not the case, I'm afraid! Purely a reflex action. Anyone who spotted the kiddie veering towards the edge would've done exactly the same. I was just fortunate to get - and keep - a grip on his clothing.
I've just read Footplate2012's account above. Now that's scary. To do it every day, and keep trying to second-guess what that third party's just about to do? That takes some bottle, matey.
I'd strongly suggest you get some professional help. The mind is heinously complicated and tending to it requires care and skill. You're most likely to find those abilities in someone who does it as a job.

Good luck 🤞🏻

1. Dreaming of being an astronaut, but couldn't breath because the helmet was filling up with scones.
2. Dreaming I was on a houseboat, but the deck was made of moorhens (a small water bird) with their wings stitched together. All their heads turned together to face me as I threw corn for them.

No, I never took acid.

Very funny, I used to have a recurring dream of having registered for a class in college, having forgotten about it and not gone to any of the classes. In the dream it is the end of the semester and I realize I had blown off the class and I'm going to get in trouble.

Not dreams, but years ago I used to regularly wake and see a person in the room. One time I opened my eyes to see a face about 6 inches from mine. It was a bit scary at first, but I soon realised that if I just lay and waited a wee while, they faded and disappeared. I think I was in a transient state between sleeping and being awake. One part of my head was still dreaming. The other part was awake.....sort of normal for me.

Not dreams, but years ago I used to regularly wake and see a person in the room. One time I opened my eyes to see a face about 6 inches from mine. It was a bit scary at first, but I soon realised that if I just lay and waited a wee while, they faded and disappeared...

I used to have them as a small boy, they would terrify me, lasted only a few minutes. Oliver Sacks wrote an interesting book on hallucinations.

https://www.oliversacks.com/books-by-oliver-sacks/hallucinations/

I used to have them as a small boy, they would terrify me, lasted only a few minutes. Oliver Sacks wrote an interesting book on hallucinations
My son also went through a period when he was young where he saw 'growlies' at night. it terrified him...and me!!

Every one I talk too about this has the same falling dream in childhood, seems its an insecurity dream, my father worked away from home a lot, suppose it makes a bit of sense of the dream. Thinking about that I also had a bully big brother.

I left school at 15 and went to work at a local coal mine. When going to go down the pit you joined in the queue of men and waited your turn to get on the cage. The cage would arrive at the pit top and the banksman would open the gate to allow the men to get on. As I moved forward I said "morning George" to the banksman as did all the other men. I stepped forward to get on the cage but there was nothing there. I woke up screaming, My brother who was in the same bed had been punched in the face, my parents who were in the next room came running in to find me clutching the bolster pillow and refusing to loose it as I thought I was clinging to one the guide ropes in the shaft.
Fortunately I never had a reoccurrence of that dream.
Alan.

What I find is the incredible detail in some dreams.
One i was in a building, that was connected to a shopping center and i was in apartments. I was in the bathroom and on the shelf in front of me was a watch and a necklace. It was an art deco room, all greens and blues. chrome etc etc.

I once had a dream that I was wrestling another chap, don't know who, both of us naked, and one of us (I don't know which) sh*t himself. I woke up to find myself struggling to get out from under the covers, having done the most obnoxious fart! Kept laughing about it all day...

Very funny, I used to have a recurring dream of having registered for a class in college, having forgotten about it and not gone to any of the classes. In the dream it is the end of the semester and I realize I had blown off the class and I'm going to get in trouble.
I have a very similar dream on quite a regular basis. Obviously, there’s a hidden message yet to be discovered…

Scariest dream was when I was around 15. Fell asleep face down (and probably drunk) with my arm on my chest. Arm eventually goes numb, cue dream of arm being amputated.
Woke up very suddenly in a very dark room trying to feel if the arm was still there..that was a scary few seconds.

I find some of my dreams are not so much scary as really STUPID. Such as discovering a new road into the local town, round the edge of a mountain, then up someone's garden path, turn left in their kitchen and out through the front door - all while driving the car. Or another favourite, going for a cr@p, lock the door, sit on the loo, then suddenly realise all the walls are actually made of glass and I am overlooking the food hall in M&S, and of course I didn't notice that on the way in (well, you wouldn't really, would you?). So STUPID.

K

I find some of my dreams are not so much scary as really STUPID. Such as discovering a new road into the local town, round the edge of a mountain, then up someone's garden path, turn left in their kitchen and out through the front door - all while driving the car. Or another favourite, going for a cr@p, lock the door, sit on the loo, then suddenly realise all the walls are actually made of glass and I am overlooking the food hall in M&S, and of course I didn't notice that on the way in (well, you wouldn't really, would you?). So STUPID.

K

You mean that M&S in Carmarthen?
Yes, it does have glass walls.
And yes, we all saw you.....

And now we're all having nightmares! :giggle:

Interesting thread this. I have a relatively recurring dream where I'm left on my own (in life) and I hate it. Always wake up frustrated and in a horrible mood for a few hours.

Funny one I read on a recent YT vid comment in relation to excuses students had made to lecturers about why they were late or had completely missed a lecture......"

...I was having a dream about a mermaid and wanted to get back to sleep to see where it would go...."
😆

Had a dream that My arm was caught and could not move. I turned around with all My strength and My arm came free. It continued on and gave the Wife a big roundhouse to the jaw. She jumped on top of Me with Her arm drawn back screaming "so You want to fight?". The only thing I could think of was to start snoring. Saved My bacon.:sleep:

Back