Haute Couture

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodhutt

Established Member
Reaction score
I was in the shed a couple of days ago when SWMBO called out that she "Wanted my body for a minute."
The neighbour's lawnmower fell silent and there was an air of hushed expectation as I trudged slowly into the house but it turned out she only wanted to run a tape measure over me. She refused to tell me why and then dismissed me back to the shed. After many years of marriage, (50 this September), I have learned not to ask questions.
Yesterday evening she presented me with this;
ResizerImage1753X2337.jpg

She'd even customized one of the pocket flaps;
ResizerImage665X886.jpg

The apron features the new cross-over straps with plunging, open back and finishes a suggestive one inch above the knee.
The rumour is that it will feature prominently in the next Paris Spring fashions.
Should be worth a watch as the models exit the catwalk.
Pete

Attachments

• ResizerImage665X886.jpg
    ResizerImage665X886.jpg
    307 KB · Views: 328
  • ResizerImage1753X2337.jpg
    ResizerImage1753X2337.jpg
    1,019.3 KB · Views: 328
Super Apron......I would buy something like that.....alas the last few I have bought only last a couple of times in the washing machine.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

That looks really good, really really good.

Johnathan S - I had a woodworking apron made for me by a seamstress from Esty to my design - wasn't terribly expensive about £120 but that was with time added for the design phase and a template made from wicking that was mailed. I would assume she still has her own template and I have her details.

apron.jpg

Made with heavy duty denim.

The straps I made of saddle leather (lovely stuff) and copper 3 phase wire, deep soldered to keep the individual wires together then bent to shape. The dust flap is magnetic which lifts up (and stays up) to give access to the many pockets - 2 large pockets for tape measure etc - 3 smaller ones in front for smaller stuff and 2 thin shallow horizontal ones for things like swapping drillbits and small fiddly things.

I can take more photo's if you wish as this isn't showing the fully finished item.

Attachments

• apron.jpg
    apron.jpg
    494.9 KB · Views: 149
Back