Haulnut

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nev

Established Member
Reaction score
An old friend saw the recent rustic cherry bowl of mine on Facepants and sent me a message - 'dont know if you're interested' he says 'but im chopping up some walnut for firewood, would that be any good for your turning?' :shock: :shock: :shock:
'Step away from the saw!' i say, I'll be there tomorrow!

should be a mixture of walnut and hazel as theyre the only trees in the garden! I hope it was worth the 100 mile round trip (did manage to squeeze in a visit to the mother too, so not entirely wasted :wink: )

smallDSC00479.jpg

smallDSC00477.jpg

Attachments

• smallDSC00477.jpg
    smallDSC00477.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 812
  • smallDSC00479.jpg
    smallDSC00479.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 830
Wow, envious of the walnut as I can practically list all the mature walnut trees in Pembs on one hand!

KimG":245mao0t said:
Wow, envious of the walnut as I can practically list all the mature walnut trees in Pembs on one hand!

This was what was left of one of two. the other is still standing magnificently in a garden in Llandaff, Cardiff, at least the height of the house (and the only one Ive ever seen in the bark :) )

Oddly enough I was in Cardiff a month back and saw a Walnut tree in a pub car park out at Whitchurch! It was a youngish tree though, about 40 - 50 years I would guess.

Back