• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Haulnut

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

nev

Established Member
Reaction score
An old friend saw the recent rustic cherry bowl of mine on Facepants and sent me a message - 'dont know if you're interested' he says 'but im chopping up some walnut for firewood, would that be any good for your turning?' :shock: :shock: :shock:
'Step away from the saw!' i say, I'll be there tomorrow!

should be a mixture of walnut and hazel as theyre the only trees in the garden! I hope it was worth the 100 mile round trip (did manage to squeeze in a visit to the mother too, so not entirely wasted :wink: )

smallDSC00479.jpg

smallDSC00477.jpg

Attachments

KimG

Little Woodworm
Reaction score
Wow, envious of the walnut as I can practically list all the mature walnut trees in Pembs on one hand!

nev

Established Member
Reaction score
KimG":245mao0t said:
Wow, envious of the walnut as I can practically list all the mature walnut trees in Pembs on one hand!
This was what was left of one of two. the other is still standing magnificently in a garden in Llandaff, Cardiff, at least the height of the house (and the only one Ive ever seen in the bark :) )

KimG

Little Woodworm
Reaction score
Oddly enough I was in Cardiff a month back and saw a Walnut tree in a pub car park out at Whitchurch! It was a youngish tree though, about 40 - 50 years I would guess.

Latest posts