Has the Trend T11 taken first place.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freetochat

Established Member
Reaction score
Having just looked at a few archive articles for guidance on a table router, the Triton seems to have the top spot. With the new Trend T11 coming with a 'raiser' feature built in, does this now knock the Triton off the top spot for table use?

Sorry for the second question, but which supplier would be best for the Triton?

Regards

John

heard a few misgivings about the T11. After looking at one a short while back, I would say that it does not even approach the Triton as a table mounted router - raising from above the table is not everything

Tony":1kw83773 said:
heard a few misgivings about the T11

What were they? Recall/ replacement aside, mine seems okay but curious to know if there are possible probs ahead.

Cheers

T

I am considering purchasing a T11. I understand that it seems to be based on the DW625 (very well thought of, I believe) with the addition of the raising feature.

So would be interested to know what the misgivings are about the T11 and why the Triton is so much better.

Cheers,

Trev.

Trev
I have a T11 and think it's great! 8)
I'm in the process of building a new router table to make the most of it at the moment but it is a lovely router.
Cheers
Philly :D

Philly - you mention building a new router table. Is this going to be a further conversion of your record cast top? I have a record table that I am going to utilise and incorporate into a bench, but am concerned about the mounting and top access for a T11 raiser.

John

John
Still mulling that one over-I also have an insert drilled an ready to go. Depends on drilling a hole through that lovely cast iron top. :?
I'll let you know how I get on,
Philly :D

Hi all

The Trend T11 is manufactured for Trend by DW. It is the DW625 with an in-built method of raising or lowering the cutter.

As the T11 is a modified 625 it was not designed to be used in a table. IMHO this is where the Triton wins hands down. Just look at the way the vents on the Triton have been designed for use in a table.

If you change from a DW or Elu to a T11 you will also need to change all of your jigs as the T11 baseplate differs from the 625 as it has to cater for the raiser.

Trend also loaned a T11 to all of the woodworking journalists. This means that they should all have experience of the product.

Cheers
Neil

NewbieNeil":1vekvz9b said:
If you change from a DW or Elu to a T11 you will also need to change all of your jigs as the T11 baseplate differs from the 625 as it has to cater for the raiser.

Not sure thats totally true Neil. My T11 fits the same screw holes on the rt base plate that my 625 uses. I suppose it depends on how you make your jigs, but those three holes are in the same place.

Not sure how helpful this thread is turning out to be. Triton enthusiasts (with no apparent T11 experience) saying how good Triton are and T11 owners saying that they like their T11s. Anyone got experience of both? I got mine because I wanted to use it in and out of the table if necessary and am familiar with the 625 setup - which made the T11 an easy choice for me.

Cheers

Tim

Hi Tim

tim":2enhsor6 said:
Not sure thats totally true Neil. My T11 fits the same screw holes on the rt base plate that my 625 uses.

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. :oops:

What I should have said was that if any of your jigs involve changing the baseplate be aware that the shape is not the same due to the raiser.

Cheers
Neil

Latest posts

Back