Has Midlands Tool Suplies gone under?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raymond UK

Established Member
Reaction score
I've used these in the past and tried to get some dust collection bags ordered but the phone goes to a full mailbox, the website is down and the eBay account is no longer registered.

I can't seem to find any plastic bags for my Fox F50-842 for a reasonable price anywhere.

Have a look at dust spares. I always buy the 1340 high bags and turn the top down, that enables you to fill them to the top. Their carriage charges are a bit steep but buying 50 at a time makes them cheaper than most.

Cheers Mike,

They used to be just over a pound a bag from MTS but everywhere else they're around 3 quid a bag. At the moment I'm filling a bag a week.

I'll have a look at dust spares. Cheers

Raymond UK":1ho5p2qz said:
Cheers Mike,

They used to be just over a pound a bag from MTS but everywhere else they're around 3 quid a bag. At the moment I'm filling a bag a week.

Can you not take the bag(s) down to your local recycling place and tip the contents into the wood skip ? That's what I do.

Black Plastic 90L Bin Indoor Outdoor Garden Kitchen Rubbish Dustbin Locking Lid
£7.99 each free postage ebay item number 123350524953
HEAVY DUTY Black Bin Bags Dustbin Rubbish Liners 90 Liter Refuse Sacks
50 for £8.99 item number 183128274303
Empty into dustbin, easy, peazy, cheapy, cheapy :)
Idea to wear a half mask and empty when no breeze and neighbours arn't around.
Sorry that bin was £9.99 for 50L, think can get for less.

RogerS":3ejppvrn said:
Can you not take the bag(s) down to your local recycling place and tip the contents into the wood skip ? That's what I do.

I'm surprised they let you put shavings into the wood skip, I would've thought they would want it on the garden waste pile (If yours has one of course).

Then again you might be able to forget about the dustbin, another thing, taking up space.
Might be able to fit bags straight on your Fox, he does smaller and larger than 90L.

Trevanion":xbgm7cu4 said:
RogerS":xbgm7cu4 said:

I'm surprised they let you put shavings into the wood skip, I would've thought they would want it on the garden waste pile (If yours has one of course).

They do have a garden waste skip. But I asked the guy where he'd like it put and he said in the wood skip. Sawdust goes in as well. Suits me fine...I'm still on the same bags I had two years ago !!

I actually use heavy duty black bin liners on my extractor, works out at the princely sum of 14p per bag :lol:.

I have a waiting list of people wanting my wood chips, they all want it for there veggie gardens....here in Spain in the summer its great for insulating the soil from the sun.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

RogerS":1sdkqozl said:
Raymond UK":1sdkqozl said:
Cheers Mike,

I usually cable tie the bags and there's always someone that comes and collects for their rabbits or other smelly rodents but I might have to charge them for the bags...

My local recycling centre told me to leave the bag at the end of the skip so they could empty it at the end of the day as last time they weren't too impressed when I sliced the bottom of the bag over the container...

Trevanion":dwitx2fw said:
I actually use heavy duty black bin liners on my extractor, works out at the princely sum of 14p per bag :lol:.

Are the big enough? And how do you know when they're full. Obviously you have poke and feel :shock: but mine is situated in it's own little outhouse.

Raymond UK":2mux0xfm said:
Are the big enough? And how do you know when they're full. Obviously you have poke and feel :shock: but mine is situated in it's own little outhouse.

If anything they're a little oversize in both length and width for my machine so I have to roll up the tops of the bag to make them fit tidy, I guess it depends on how large your machine is.

You have to open your outhouse to see if the bag is full, correct? Then you just give it a poke when you have a look. If not you can always wait until air-flow is down but you'll probably end up cleaning more mess from being over-full. You can get clear bin liners for not too much though, I'll be starting to use the see-through orange pembs council recycling bags on it now as I've got bundles of them to get rid of since they've completely changed the system and they're not used anymore.

Raymond UK":2l8mplpj said:
RogerS":2l8mplpj said:

I usually cable tie the bags and there's always someone that comes and collects for their rabbits or other smelly rodents but I might have to charge them for the bags...

My local recycling centre told me to leave the bag at the end of the skip so they could empty it at the end of the day as last time they weren't too impressed when I sliced the bottom of the bag over the container...

The recycling centre where I used to live were also unhelpful in this respect and wouldn't let me empty my bags or leave them. That then led me to having two separate dc systems....one which took large chips from the spindle moulder and P/T (and so with minimal dust) went to a local stables. The dust from dust generators like the table saw went into a separate system and ended up in my refuse bin bagged up.

I much prefer the more enlightened attitude where I live now :D

Back