Has anyone used powertoolmate.co.uk ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've bought from them a few times and had no problems. Prices are usually very competitive.

just googling around and found this site, best price for a makita red random orbit sander, I'm always reluctant to put my card details on unknown sites so was just wondering if people have used them and how they got on?

https://www.powertoolmate.co.uk/

Just ordered a Makita item this afternoon from them. Haven't used them before.
Go through eBay if you don't want to deal direct, at least some financial anonymity and protection.
And as mentioned, seem to be part of an established company:

Westward Building Services LTD
CUSTOMER SERVICES POWERTOOLMATE
Westward Building Services Ltd
Burraton Road
Saltash
Cornwall
PL12 6LU

Last edited:
thank you for all the positive reports, I'll give them a go (probably wait for black friday first, see what deals are on offer)

just googling around and found this site, best price for a makita red random orbit sander, I'm always reluctant to put my card details on unknown sites so was just wondering if people have used them and how they got on?

https://www.powertoolmate.co.uk/
I have a bank account set up with not so much money in it just for using online. If it gets hacked then there is no great loss to recover. Maybe the hackers will take pity and put money in it :)
I just transfer money over to it when needed, keeps the billions and squillions safe :rolleyes:

I bought a TS55 and track from them recently. They ran out of stock (had 110v in stock that they thought were 240v) so delivery was delayed by about 3 or 4 days. Emailed CS and they apologised and refunded the next day delivery charge. I wasn't happy it was delayed but was impressed with the customer service.

Further to my earlier post- I had quite the opposite experience. Ordered, money taken, note to say item despatched. Thought that was it. Got an alert that money had been refunded (still waiting) and not a mention of why or "sorry made a mistake" or whatever. So never again Powertoolmate.

But they did me a favour, discovered Power Tools, Drills, Building Materials, PPE | ECA Toolfast , 24 hrs from ordering to delivery (and I'm in the "Highland & Islands" postal category) for no extra cost.
They and Toolstation are about the only two outlets I'd use now.

Back