Has anyone here built a CBC router?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deadeye

Established Member
Reaction score
How difficult was it?
Would you do it again (or just buy one)?
How much did it cost for what spec.?
Did you use a kit or design from scratch?

Never even seen a CBC router,but I have built a tiny CNC router.To answer your questions in order:yes,about the same as a quality 1/2" collet router and I started from scratch.

Hi

I've built my own and posted about it on here with the specs in 2015, the only thing I've changed since then is I'm now using a 1.5kw air cooled spindle and inverter rather than the Trend T3 when it was first built

CNC Build

Cheers

Steve

Gaah! How did I hit "B" rather than "n" in the title?

Steve, I'm hugely jealous of your build. Did you write up any more design details?

No unfortunately not haven't had the time, the other thing I've changed is the trapezoidal thread which is now twice the speed at tr16x8

Steve

There's a few short videos of it working here on you tube but turn your speakers down as they were done with the old Trend T3 screeching away :mrgreen: Cnc on You Tube

Lee

Definitely quite a bit quieter than the router, you couldn't hold a conversation with the router on you can with the spindle on even at 24k rpm albeit it with slightly raised voices.
As for the spindle it was one from eBay , Chinese seller but came from Czech republic spindle I got mine in 2017 and it was about £155

Cheers

Steve

Back