Has anyone had issues with benchdogs.co.uk?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanf

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has had issues with benchdogs.co.uk. I ordered their metric fence with stop just after Christmas and when delivered found it was roughly finished on the smaller part of the fence and the dogs chipped and marked. I have been chasing them for a response on this for more than two weeks, have sent photos twice and am getting nothing back. I have ordered from them before and was very impressed with the finish of the rail dogs I ordered then

Thanks

Sean

They just moved premises and getting all their equipment setup, so I'm guessing they've been distracted with that but it certainly is no excuse.

Try posting a comment / DM on their Instagram as they're very active on there?

I've had nothing but excellent service and very pleased with the quality of my fence and dogs so it sounds like quality control has slipped together with monitoring emails due to the move. They posted three times on Instagram this week so try sending an Instagram message.

I got the metric fence and rail dogs late last year and I wasn't impressed with the finishing either. The fence had a razor sharp corner that I cut myself on and if you just look at the finish wrong, it'll scratch.

Also not their fault, but the rail dogs are incredibly clunky to use because if you don't drop the rail in perfectly plumb, it just won't go in. Once it's in, good luck getting it out. You basically have to go under the table and loosen them off, which I think Peter Millard mentioned in his review...

In the end I got a table saw...

Last edited:
Thank you for the comments and suggestions all

Sean

Other than accidentally trimming the end off the rail extension piece, none what so ever. All top quality kit.

Ordered the rail square and dogs in the past and nothing but top quality.

Funny, I did that too! Mind you, I was pig sick immediately after doing it.

I agree, excellent quality and very responsive.
That makes 3 of us:ROFLMAO:

I had an item missing from my order from benchdogs, one email later and the item was in the post the next day, excellent service.

Again no issues with a fence and rail square, all very well engineered. But if they are moving premises and have Covid issues then why not a simple message on their website stating the problems and please bear with us you are not forgotten and will be in touch ASAP.

Just for anyone interested, this is still going on 11 days after I started this thread and 26 days after I first contacted them. I did eventually manage to get a reply by contacting them on Instagram, sent photos for a third time and had them agree that there was some poor finishing that should have been corrected during manufacture and the rest appears to have been damaged in transit. I have returned everything for a replacement, the tracking shows it arrived a few days ago but I haven’t had a response since. Very disappointing. I really don’t want to go down the route of reclaiming my money via the bank as I want to have the fence I ordered as long as everything arrives in good condition. I also have my eye on some of their other products. I will keep giving them chances to make this right, for now at least

Sean

Hi Sean.
Yes apologies for the lack of response to your emails. There is no excuse for this so please accept my apologies. We received your package back and being on 25% of staff on Friday due to the weather this was over looked. I personally packaged up your order to ensure the burr was not present and the dust in the fence was cleared. I also individually wrapped each component so there would not be any damage in transit so you will receive it in a pristine condition. But please contact me personally if any issues arise when opening your order.

One final update to conclude, a package was waiting for me this evening when I arrived home and I am much happier with the finish. I am now looking forward to getting on and using the fence… and will do my best to avoid an accidental trim of the extension! I have passed my thanks via email for getting this sorted

Sean

Back