has any one used one of these

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stevezm":y84b9mtq said:
Don't show immaturity let alone insecurity by crying you have a degree (WITH HONORS) It's just not clever and sad to say in the real world there one a penny and frankly prove nothing.

I have 3 degrees (and not the old female trio!), so where does that leave me :D

James
Which one have you bought? Full review on use please :wink

was it the yellow perform jig for 50 pounds?

if so i looked real close at both the trend craftrange jig (69 pounds) and the perform jig at the international show (saturday), before i descided on the bessey clamps that i bought :p

I`ll be "in the market" really soon for buying a dovetail jig, so I`m looking forward to your review :D

i know somebody who has just bought the mecca of all jigs, one of those leigh dovetail jobbies...... what a piece of kit! 8)

It was the Perfom Jig for aropund £50 - yes. What was it like ? It better be worth the money !£50 is expensive for something that doesn't do a whole lot. Just acts as a guide ! Let alone the £300 or so you have to pay for a leigh jig !!

James,

I have just got the Perfom thicknesser planner from Axminster, the machine is very good but the supplied instructions are pants. :evil:

But Axminster are addressing this, on their web site you can down load manuals for their tools, what is not stated is they are new versions produced in the UK by someone who is a woodworker and they are much better than the one in the box :lol:

So if you have not down loaded the manual for your new toy er, I mean tool, jump over there now and do so. Save the PDF and print it out, you will need to refer to it when you set up the jig. I have the old Trend dovetail jig, its very good, was (and still is) more expensive than the Axminster one, but looking at the pictures, some of the features of the Perform are better than the Trend :!:

I have made boxes and draws with my jig and the time it saves and the neat finish you get is great :D (Replacement draws for the kitchen and CD/DVD storage chest are on the list for this)

You should have lots of fun, enjoy :wink:

Regards,

DaveL

Back