Has any body been to Classic Hand Tools new shop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

:D Classic Hand Tools new shop in Needham Market is an Alladins cave for any body who likes nice hand tools. There is one of Konrad Sauer's A6 planes on show Lie-Neilsen tools Clenton Gauges & Squares, Adria Saws, some nice chairmakers tools, HNT Gordon Planes, Clifton planes and loads of books. The shop is in the high street and I recived a warm welcome.

Never been to the shop, although I am a customer :lol:
Welcome aboard! In which part of the country are you? :roll: :wink:
Cheers
Philly :D

Hi NB, welcome to the site.

Noel, who is not going to tell Philly where Norfolk is....

Brent,

If you go hereand then put Needham Market into the search box you will see where is being talked about, I must pay the shop a visit as its only 20 miles from where I live, quite a bit more for you. :roll:

Welcome to the forum Norfolk Boy :D

Brent":2dawplwc said:
What do you mean by the shop is in the high street?

Historically, the High Street is just the main street in a village, town or city where all the principal business and shops were located. It takes the name from reference to the most important street that ran through a particular location. I think that "Main Street" would be the US equivalent. The "High Street" in the UK has been dieing somewhat with the advent of out of town shopping malls, supermarkets and industrial estates. Hence the surprise that a tool shop is in the middle of town in the high street.

Ed

Thanks Dave and Edmund. I've often come across the reference while reading and was never quite sure of it's meaning. As for high streets dissapearing in the UK, it's the same thing here in Canada. I guess they call that progress. I do wish that we had a shop here in Montreal that carried so many quality names as you are lucky enough to have there.

Brent

Welcome to the forum, NB. Not been yet, but I surely would like to... =P~ Mike Hancock's carrying some really top kit - I hardly dare look at his website any more, for fear of bankruptcy. 8-[ :lol: One of these days I'll have to do a "Queen Elizabeth" and process my way across to the Far East. :)

Regarding "High Street"; in these Westcountry parts it's invariably "Fore Street", just to confuse the issue. :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Alf":2mi20g8z said:
One of these days I'll have to do a "Queen Elizabeth" and process my way across to the Far East. :)

Cheers, Alf

Do drop by, if you do! You could wander around my workshop (which won't take long) and look at some of my "working set" (which WOULD take a while)

BugBear (in the Far East)

Back