Harvesting wood by myself

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya some of eucalyptus grow frighteningly fast. Planted a small one last yr which has grown so quick it lying horizontally as not strong enough to support itself!😂

I've heard it makes good firewood but has to be split as soon as it's felled

you may well be right, I was passing on information that I had heard 2nd hand which looks like it probably isnt correct.

I cut a fairly big eucalyptus for father in law a few years back. Once dry it burnt extremely well with terrific heat, strange thing was it appeared to burn like a lump of charcoal staying in one piece & then vanishing quickly after a while.

you may well be right, I was passing on information that I had heard 2nd hand which looks like it probably isnt correct.
Probably someone who left it too long before they tried to split it as I've heard that if left to long it almost impossible to split

Hello!
Milling took longer because strong winter came here. Not to much dark inside but we were suprised anyway. After cutting down tree we thought it will be less.
20210320_110141.jpg
20210320_110159.jpg

So far we got around 2m3 of walnut. Most of it thickness is 5cm.
20210320_110203.jpg

Back