Harrogate

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dibs-h

Established Member
Reaction score
Just come back from Harrogate with Jnr.

Stocked up on the usual Fein blades (£10 each). Picked up an old Stanley Nbr 7 for £50 from The Old Tool Store.

Seemed the usual old suspects & thankfully no more than the usual tat stalls.

Dibs

I was there on friday and I enjoyed it although there was too much turning gear there for me.

No dewalt stand interestingly.

Nearly bought a fein multimaster but bottled it and ordered a bosch gop 250 from axminster.

Slightly OT. But when did it become acceptable not to butter buns or bread when constructing a sandwich? (bacon sandwich from there canteen for the princely sum of £4!).

Dibs-h":34l2z4kp said:
Just come back from Harrogate with Jnr.

Stocked up on the usual Fein blades (£10 each). Picked up an old Stanley Nbr 7 for £50 from The Old Tool Store.

Seemed the usual old suspects & thankfully no more than the usual tat stalls.

Dibs

Went into the workshop today and looked on the shelf - guess what? Already have a mint vintage Nbr 7. :oops:

Never mind - lets see if they breed. :lol: :lol:

Dibs

I've just got back, bought some Eucalyptus, some ABW and a couple of Oak boards. Mrs monkeybiter bought me a Sorby medium Sovereign Ultima hollowing tool for my birthday next month :D
Terry at Chestnut demo'd burnishing cream [which I bought] and made me wonder why it takes me so long to get a decent finish (homer)
Nice to see Tony Wilson demonstrating again depite a year of bad health.
Saw an Axminster box van and small van in the car park but no stall :( .....probably cheaper that way though.
Nice grub, burger as fat as a baboon's buttock =P~

Ready for next year.

Axoided the food. Saw the AX vans but no stall. Some interesting turners. Paint your turnings seems the latest fashion. No blades, must look on ebay. I loved the end vice on the bench in the top right cornernext to Paul Sellers who was interesting.

monkeybiter":2ek1w8md said:
Saw an Axminster box van and small van in the car park but no stall .

Yup, saw them to, presumably they bought the Brimark stuff which i did have a good look at.

Cheers.

Doug B":3nfw2zoc said:
monkeybiter":3nfw2zoc said:
Saw an Axminster box van and small van in the car park but no stall .

Yup, saw them to, presumably they bought the Brimark stuff which i did have a good look at.

Cheers.

Brimark-Axminster one owns the other?

Only spent £3 pounds, but was tempted by the small Bessey f clamps

JH

jhwbigley":1z4gz7i2 said:
Brimark-Axminster one owns the other?
I'm not quite sure how this one works...I think Ax is a major player in the set up. Anyone know for sure? - Rob

Back