Harrison Jubilee for sale

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colinc

Established Member
Reaction score
I hope it's ok to offer it for sale on here? I have a Harrison Jubilee lathe that I need to sell to create some space.

I need to have a workshop re-organisation/rationalisation and wondered if this might be of interest to anyone who might have been looking for a lathe, before it goes on in the paper/ebay.

I bought it several years ago from a local schoolteacher (for £175 I think) who had himself bought it off the school. Because of this it comes with interlock switches on the opening bits and a knee level safety cut-off switch. I have just never really got into turning, cabinetmaking is my main interest.

It is not pristine - it came in battleship grey undercoat but I recently stripped, cleaned and painted it. However, it's in a servicable condition and built like a battleship - it weighs 418lbs! The bearings are fine and it all works well. The motor is 3/4 hp and continuously rated so it will work all day long - motors were real motors when this was made. It has the outboard bowl turning attachment.

I don't have any pictures tonight but will take some at the weekend if anyone's interested. I guess many will have used one in their schooldays but the following links have pictures (ignore their price though):

http://www.toolpost.co.uk/pages/Clients ... ances.html

also a bit of history at:

http://www.lathes.co.uk/harrisonwood/page2.html

It come with a single (inboard) faceplate but Axminster supply matching parts for both end of the spindle. I have a collection of older turning tools plus a couple of new Henry Taylor gouges to sell. I also recently bought a new Oneway Talon chuck to match. There seems to be no problem getting accessories to suit the spindle (1"x 10 tpi I think)

If it's of interest to anyone please feel free to make me an offer - email me. If anyone wants a look I'm based in Repton, Derbyshire near the A50/A38 junction. I'm sure that it has to be a better proposition than some of the 'starter' lathes on offer for a similar price. I would prefer to sell the whole package as one lot but if anyone wants the lathe alone that's ok and I may sell the tools/chuck later.

regards

Colin

I'm not interested in buying. But my local Woodworking Class (Secondary School) has one of these. Allthough it looks ancient, its really nice to work with. Stood the test of time.

Back