Harrison Graduate Lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inspector

Nyuck, Nyuck, Nyuck!
Reaction score
A buddy on the West Coast of Canada is considering getting the short bed version of the lathe. Would it be out of line to ask what the going rate is for one of these machines assuming it is in good working order? The asking price is roughly 1,000 pounds.

Pete

They are great lathes,in good condition they are well worth the asking price,If your friend is considering turning large bowls then a motor upgrade may be the way to go,I upgraded mine to a 2 hp and had it for over 30 years with only one change of bearings which is not a difficult job.Sounds like a good buy to me regards Kevin.

If thinking of upgrading the motor it might be a good time to install a variable speed motor/controller package. Take advice on motor power though as more torque at lower speeds is always good.

Colin

Thanks gents. I'll call him up and let him know it is a good deal if he can get his ministress of finances approval. They are not a common site in North America and I suspect because of where it is, someone in the military brought it back after serving in your country for a while.

Pete

Back