Hardwood timber worktops

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superunknown

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anybody recommend a good supplier for solid timber kitchen worktops.

I have 4 kitchens to do. I need to keep the costs as good as possible but at the same time they need to look smart. They are going to go in some flats in a newly converted chapel.

I'm thinking to use beech or maybe Iroko.

This is the best I can find so far. http://www.real-wood-flooring.com/worktop-prices.html

tia ;)

Steve

I fitted some of the Ikea ones for a client last month, there was a lot of dicolouration in some of the staves (grey marks) and only the top surface can be used as there were several under thickness staves on the underside. Also they are only 600mm wide so not much to play with if the walls are wavy, but good value at that price.

I useually get mine from Richard Russell and have never had a problem.

Jason

Why not make your own ? I made some for a friend quite a few years ago out of 100x50 maple P.A.R . I biscuit jointed them together and used normal ext pva and oiled them , the only part they had minor trouble with was the routed in draining board because they didnt oil it or clean it often enough the rest didnt move atall . :shock:

Thank you for the replys. I did think about Ikea, I don't live near one and I'm fairly sure they don't deliver?

I have Richard Russell on my list ;)

I did consider the option to make them but I feel it would be a fairly big job making worktops for 4 kitchens, thats a lot of worktop! Maybe the costs would end up to high for client.

I made oak worktops for my house a couple of years a ago, they do look smart :) They are fairly high maintainance though, gotta keep them oiled and pay special attention to the routed draining board area as you say JFC.

No higher maintenance than i bought worktop , just oil it more before you fit it or maybe some kind of sealer on the drainer part of the work top .

Try W L Wests hardwood sawyers. - near Petworth - so they will deliver / easy to pick up for you. Thats just there thing. I've seen them gluing some up

I'll go finda link to them:

http://www.wlwest.co.uk/products/worktops.asp

worktop.gif

worktop%20with%20cutout.jpg

Adam

Back