Hardwood timber suppliers in Yorkshire

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greedo

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone know places I can start using?

All the usual European and American hardwoods and some exotic stuff is what I'd be looking for.

british hardwoods are worth a look. no exotics though.

where are you based in Yorkshire?

ajcr27":1v0iikkz said:
Duffield Timber, Melmerby, near Ripon, North Yorks
+1 That's where I got a load of sapele for a project, but as a newbie to woodworking I also really enjoyed just wandering round and looking at everything they had and how it was all individually priced.

BigMonka":211jxv3j said:
ajcr27":211jxv3j said:
Duffield Timber, Melmerby, near Ripon, North Yorks
+1 That's where I got a load of sapele for a project, but as a newbie to woodworking I also really enjoyed just wandering round and looking at everything they had and how it was all individually priced.

Another +1 for Duffields - always helpful

You might also want to look in this thread post1186181.html#p1186181

Scawton Sawmill near Thirsk is also worth a look if you want Euro Oak and Ash. Prices keener than Duffield on those, but obviously Duffield's is a much larger setup and has all sorts of exotics.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Good post this, was going to ask the same question.
I live in Bridlington and other than Snainton who are excellent but mainly dealing with turners, there is very little in the way of timber suppliers for more exotic stuff, will be paying Duffields a visit myself.

Cheers guy's.

Back