Hardwood Timber Merchants in Warrington

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neocleous

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am making some furniture for my home and a lot of it is MDF that will be painted but there are some pieces that I would like to use hardwood on, even to have a play and make some cutting boards but I am struggling to find a supplier of hardwood in my area as I would like to go an have a look to get a feel of what it is exactly that I want.

Does anyone know of a good supplier in my area?

Thanks

Dan

Try Woodies Timber.
Unit 11, Sankey Bridge Industrial Estate, Liverpool Rd, Great Sankey, Warrington WA5 1QQ
01925 552100

atlantic timber in altrincham, small ish selection but was always good quality but can be expensive

warrington timber winwick quay, very small selection as more structural grade but has some stuff and normally of ok quality and price

woodies great sankey is more structural, never seen much hardwood in there excluding mouldings.

Rowswood hatton is fences and structural, never seen hardwood in there that wasn't a pallet.

Beers latchford, structural timber, never seen hardwood.

Go North on M6 for a few miles to CW Berry
They have large off-cuts; Oak, Ash etc -- see the hardwood bloke right at the far end of yard (it's a massive place)

When I went he scribbled the price for selected planks on the note to take to office
Then my Mrs stepped out of car -- he took back the note and reduced the £££ by nearly half :?

Cordy":3eotvadi said:
When I went he scribbled the price for selected planks on the note to take to office
Then my Mrs stepped out of car -- he took back the note and reduced the £££ by nearly half :?

I'm not at all sure how to read that but could she come with me on Thursday please?

Thanks for tips guys,

I do go to Woodies for sheet goods Lee is always very helpful there but I haven't seen must in the way of hardwood there.

Cordy":2fl9s0q6 said:
Go North on M6 for a few miles to CW Berry
They have large off-cuts; Oak, Ash etc -- see the hardwood bloke right at the far end of yard (it's a massive place)

I'll make sure I take my Mrs if I go so I can get a discount haha

What could you possibly mean ?

Rosa_Klebb%27s_deadly_weapon.jpg

Latest posts

Back