Hardwood suppliers in the south west

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryandotdee

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning all

Can anyone recommend any places to buy hardwood in the southwest? I am based near Exeter but do not mind traveling a bit. I have been buying a bit off of ebay, and have also been buying from Axminster tools, but I would like to try and find another source or two.

I am generally a hobby woodworker, but have recently started selling things at craft fairs, So I am not after gigantic volume, but would like to have a couple of places to source hardwoods.

I had a search on the forum but could not find anything recent, but if I have missed a similar post on the same subject I would be grateful for a link!

Many thanks

Ryan

Anton Coaker English hardwoods on Dartmoor, hill farmer who got into saw milling decades ago.
Beech Bros always good and have loads of offcuts.
Yandles large selection geared to the smaller user
Devon Hardwoods never liked me going to select wood they always wanted just to deliver, don't know if they have changed their policy now. Mainly supply the industry

Yandles in Martock has an amazing variety of woods in all sizes that you can browse through.

Thank you all for the replies, I took a trip to Yandles yesterday and to say I was blown away by the variety would be an understatement. Their tool selection is also fantastic, Although I fear you lot might be responsible for a hefty dent in the Bank balance now!

I Will likely take a trip Beech Bros aswell, but suffice to say my days of chancing stock from Axminster are over!

Thanks again for all of the suggestions, You have really helped me out :)

I go to yandles whenever I visit family in England.
Their stock is truly huge, but to be brutally honest, their customer service has been severely lacking when trying to order any items.

If you see it, buy it. if you dont, look elsewhere.

Back