Hardwood strips, 25mm x 4mm, where could I buy in bulk ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murrmac

Established Member
Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a significant quantity of hardwood strips, 25mm x 4 mm (or at a pinch, 5mm) and although I can buy small quantities off the mouldings rack in my local timber merchants, I would be surprised if I couldn't buy cheaper elsewhere.

Species of hardwood isn't that important, ash would be ideal, but maple, or any tropical hardwood would be fine as well. Oak wouldn't be my first choice, but I doubt that oak is available anyway in this size. Length isn't significant, they will be cut into small lengths.

As ever, all suggestions gratefully received.

what kind of quantity are you talking about? It shouldn't be a huge job for somebody with the equipment- thickness the timber to 25mm and just take slices off it.

I think a lot depends on what you mean by 'significant quantities'. If it really is quite a lot, then many timber merchants would, I am sure, be happy to run you off whatever you need. Maybe somebody on this forum would do it for beer money too.

Thanks for the replies, gentlemen, yes, I guess that would be the way to do it, and I do have access to the facilities to do it, I was just hoping such strips might be available cheaply from a supplier as a stock item.

I see you are in Edinburgh.....can give you a name of a shop that run beads and mouldings for me. May be worth a try. I have always been pleased with their efforts. Let me if this helps you and I can do a PM.

Murrmac, I would be able to fulfill what you are looking for.

I have all of the equipment necessary (joinery shop) and a decent selection of timber to use, mainly ash, american and european oak, sapele and iroko.

I am based in south wales which is a bit of a distance away from you however I would be more than happy to arrange a courier in order to ship the strips.

If you would like any more information then please PM me and we can talk further.

I hope this is of interest to you!

Kind Regards

Adam

Back