Hardwood sawdust

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisJM

Reaction score
Hey,
I am looking for some Hardwood sawdust and wondered where the best place to look for some is?
Me and the wife are starting a mushroom farm in east sussex and Hardwood is a good source for these little things to grow on,
If anyone could help or advise where the best place to look is that would be great.

thank you

chris

Next time you holiday in Cyprus I'll give you a couple dustbin bags full to take back with you.

Or you could look through yellow pages to find a joinery business near you.

My workshop is in east sussex and depending what projects Ive had on I sometimes have up to a few binbags of hardwood shavings, rather than dust.

My neighbours on the yard where my workshop is sell mushroom grow kits for pearl oysters and exotic pink ones, so there are always test kits sprouting mushrooms everywhere in the corridors which is fun, and they had told me before that hardwood shavings are a good substrate, Id been meaning to try it...

My supply might be too irregular but if you want to PM your email address Ill let you know when Ive next got a bounty. Otherwise there's a sawmill in Uckfield who mill a lot of oak who could probably provide heaps of the stuff...

I'm also in East Sussex so may be able to help.
Also, if you let us know a more accurate location I know a few other places that may be more local to you.

@sunnybob Ahh a holiday that would be a lovely thing :) yeah didn't think about looking up a joinery, thanks for that.

@thick_mike Yeah that was my first thought as well, cheers for that :D

@Dokkodo Yeah will drop you a PM :D thank you

@oakfield Im near Hastings, so any help would be great :D

Thanks to you all,
Have a good evening

Back