Hardwood Offcuts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxie

Established Member
Reaction score
I visited Hardwood Offcuts Brentwood, Essex for some "bits" to make a chopping board. What a find this turned out to be, hardwoods of all descriptions and sizes. Tim, the owner, began by telling me "Have a rummage, some of it is twisted, some split, but what you see is what've got" I came away with some small blocks of Utile and a board of Maple.

If you are anywhere near Brentwood then go and have a rummage. I live in Bedfordshire and it was worth the trip.

www.hardwoodoffcuts.co.uk

John

Hey Roxie,

they have a makers club there that meet on the last Saturday of every month. I aim to join this month :)

https://www.instagram.com/essexmakers_official/

I hope to see you - and maybe others - there!

I'm going to make and wear a "UKW Forum" badge, so that we can spot each other without that London Underground eye-contact awkwardness...

I’ve been meaning to head down for a while but it’s a hell of a trek for me if I turn up and there’s nothing that takes my fancy.

I do find it frustrating that no prices are advertised... even if ballpark figures but you can get an indication of price from eBay (he has a few listings) or from carefully pausing Peter Millard’s recent YouTube video.

I'll make a note of prices when I go down there at the end of the month and let the group know.

Ideally, I'll take pics with prices, but only if the owner gives permission.

sammy.se":2goeslvv said:
Hey Roxie,

I'm going to make and wear a "UKW Forum" badge, so that we can spot each other without that London Underground eye-contact awkwardness...

There used to be an official one. You might be sued for copyright infringement :roll: :shock: :shock:

sunnybob":11nmsc3e said:
sammy.se":11nmsc3e said:
Hey Roxie,

There used to be an official one. You might be sued for copyright infringement :roll: :shock: :shock:
I'll misspell it as UWK forum, so that is different enough ;-)

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Dyslexics of the world untie eh Sam?

Been in there too. As above. Nice guy. Fair selection but if a group of turners have just been in before you (the smug beaming little weasels) it might be a little bare.
:evil:
He also keeps some bigger stock btw.
If you're travelling far i would definitely phone before hand.

I'm quite lucky in that I'm the right side of London. I'm looking forward to being a bit more social with my woodworking, and am looking forward to whatever develops with the green oak Essex club that was proposed on this forum not long ago....

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Back