Hardware for simple overlapping sliding door cabinet

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wouldchuk

Established Member
Reaction score
Mornin all,

Anyone got any good suggestions for hardware for overlapping sliding door cabinets - the rail/hangers etc?

It's a simple floor-level cupboard on the wall at right angles to the WC, making use of that space for storage of loo rolls, cleaning stuff and less frequently used stuff. As such needs sliding doors.

I don't want to loose too much of the limited cabinet depth (around 350mm) to the doors and hardware.

It also cannot cost the earth...

Ironmongerydirect have the following, at around £22 for two sets of 1.8 track and one pack of the door hangers, which is fine - http://www.ironmongerydirect.co.uk/prod ... tem/592414

Anyone got any other experience or options?

Could you not just route in some grooves to the cabinet top and bottom for the doors to slide in? You can also buy some double U plastic or aluminium running track for a smarter finish. If you cut the doors right they can be fitted at the end by lifting them up into the upper track. When released they will sit mainly in the bottom track with enough in the upper track to hold them.

Hopefully that makes sense!

Thanks for this - my experience of simple routed grooves is that the doors tend to stick and I was hoping for a more professional-looking solution, but I've not ruled it out. I may just take a £25 punt and see how they work - annoying that the full dimensions are not included in the product description...

Back