Hardman Sash Clamps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No experience of these clamps tend to use pipe clamps myself, but if your wood is straight enough you should not need massive amounts of pressure, just enough to close the joint up. It may also help to do the glueup in stages say two groups of three strips then glue these two together, it gives you more time to align the strips before the glue starts going off.

Also remember to keep the clamp bars away from the glue line to avoid staining the oak.

Jason

JasonB,
I noticed that you use pipe clamps. I'm just off to the US next week and intended buying quite a few. However, I have had a hard time finding pipe of the right size. Can you tell me what sort of pipe you use, where from etc etc.

Thanks in advance

Beech, get the 3/4" sets. You can get the regular reach or the longer reach. Axminster have details. The 3/4" pipes are easier to get, if you can find them. Think you can get pipe sets with a connector from Axminster, if you're stuck. Quite reasonable if I remember. Don't forget the pipe will need threaded as well if you can find them at a local plumbers so might be best to buy off Axminster. If you are anywhere near a Rockler store, they do their own version of Pony clamps in blue...but have a superior design that give you more room when using the crank.
Anyway, an excuse for a picture post
IMG_0003ClampsRcd.jpg

Noel

thanks for the replies
have ordered some pipe clamps from axminster - they worked out a little more expensive but decided the versatility of different lengths was worth a little extra.

Latest posts

Back