happy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doddy555

Established Member
Reaction score
hi guys got my new excalibur ex_ 16s , i cant wait to have a go tomz, any tips would be great thanks , happy tracey axmister were great with me took the other saw back no prob ,

Happy to hear you got your new saw. The obvious thing is to throw away any blades that came with it as they are useless. Check for any for and aft movement of the blade with it on slow speed and if you have any this can be adjusted by loosening the bolts that hold the motor and turning it one way or the other. I could e-mail you an article on this if you need it. When I unpacked mine I found one of the small bolts on the lower arm was minus a nut and washer and all the bolts were extremely loose, there has to be play in the arms but not as much as I had. I wish you well with the new saw. Keep us posted on how you get on with it, With me I am saving for a hegner although the AWFS is tempting.

Geoff.

Hi Doddy.
Your new saw will be much better than the last one you had. If you have any trouble with the set-up take a look at Steve Goods Scrollsaw workshop. He has 3 videos where he does a review of the EX21 which is the same saw but smaller.
Hope you have a good day tomorrow.
Roy

hi roy
i am made up with it , so much better than last one , had little go before, but early start on it tomz i buzzing, the guy set it up while i was there, an he ltalked me through it , an let me change blades it was heaven , so happy just got to practise now :)
thanks roy

Tracey, well done on getting the new saw and for not giving up on the hobby which I think so many people do when faced with the problems you've had, hope you have many years of fun. looking forward to seeing some of your work.

hi loftyhermes
thanks i love the new saw,i am so chilled with this saw, not bin on it much yet, but i have changed the blades hey i was stress free, i love my new hobby, one day i might be has good as everyone on this site, the people on this site are so helpfull its brill, i need to pracise now and enjoy i will :)

update, i am well happy with my new saw, and very greatfull to geoff who has bin a god send to me,he is a star,i will try an unload some of the stuff i have tryed, comments good and bad, i am learning an loving it :) oh well cant add pics saying to big oh well ,,,happy scrolling everyone :)

Back