Happy to be home

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jacob":36zr50oj said:
finneyb":36zr50oj said:
The establishment cannot be allowed to fail....
The establishment fails us again and again. They should bear the cost.
You couldn't stop credit over night true, but you could tighten up on it. There used to be rules about lending limits which kept things stable - kept house price steady amongst other things.
Personally I think there's too much caution about finance and too much respect for money and property. I think the establishment should get a good kicking all round!

I've seen you Bleating on about that many times, especially the house price bit, change the record fella!

I have an expensive house, I pay proportionatly expensive council tax despite receiving less in return - my choice. We decided to spend our money on mortgages rather than rent, alchohol, tobacco, holidays or meals out, again our choice,
Anyone who envys what we own now should maybe look at how they prioritised their own resource.

Dunno where you get the Spanish wealth from. True Menorca shows a lot of it but it seems that 20% of the population earns 7 times more than to poorest and there are more than 3 million living in poverty.

As far as woodworking tools and machinery is concerned I disagree totally. When I bought my first hand tools nearly 60 years ago they were expensive and I bought what I could afford but they were decent, the chiwanese imports changed all that and tools these days are cheap in comparison although generally poorer quality.

Lons":pjthjyjk said:

I've seen you Bleating on about that many times, especially the house price bit, change the record fella!
For a lot of people in the UK housing is in a crisis condition. Only governments can change the record.
Dunno where you get the Spanish wealth from. ....
My point wasn't that it was just Spanish - it's similar all over the place - the great wealth of a small part of the population is highly visible in certain places and only the wilfully blind can not see it. There has been a huge redistribution of wealth upwards in recent years. Envy has nothing to do with it - it's not an efficient economic system which allows the sequestering of large amounts of wealth by the few, leaving many struggling with low wages, benefit squeezes, poor housing, insecurity etc.
It's unsustainable, you could see it as 'lack on investment in human capital' - and it is beginning to look like time is up, not least because the idea of we are all in it together over austerity has proved to be a bit of a lie!

Far to many Health tourists / those that have paid nothing into the system (both homegrown and imported) abusing our NHS services and a lot of our other services as well . Just my humble opinion that you may or may not aggree with.

Peter,

If you haven't been put off with all this slanging, just a word of advice. Due to the terrible computer system, most GPs don't know what has happened at any hospital till some time after the patient has been discharged. If either of your girls need any follow-up, you should call your local GP to make sure that you are on their radar.

This is both from experience of a friend and from my brother who is a GP.

But, glad to hear that things seem OK. I've used Worcester Royal and was not impressed. I was examined in the corridor and then sent home. The former was the problem, the latter quite the correct thing to do at the time.

Phil

Back