Happy New Year!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linkshouse

Established Member
Reaction score
Happy New Year to all on the Scroll Saws forum, and of course all the other forums.

Let's hope this year bring everyone much enjoyment from their hobby and good profits for those that sell their wares.

Phill

Happy new year from this newbie
Hope to post some pictures of my attempts later when things get
back to normal after the xmas break

Claymore":3va08tzu said:
Same here Phill/Gary Happy New Year!
Phill I was wondering how you were getting on with the storms......managed to avoid any damage? we didn't get wind damage this time but our farm track has got 12" deep ruts where the rain flowed down and washed the hardcore away, had to use the quad to get to the shops until the farmer scrapes the mess up.
Ain't weather fun? :cool: sometimes.

Cheers
Brian

We've not done too badly. We've had a few short power cuts, actually one was for most of the night but I don't count that as we were in bed anyway! As for wind damage we've lost a couple of bars on one of our bar fences but it was a bid wobbly anyway.

While we've been here I think we've had stronger winds in the past but never quite so sustained. Over Christmas it was heavy wind for around three days with no real let up.

I've had some interesting walks with Oscar though. On boxing day there was a strong cross wind to our regular walk on the links and I think anyone seeing us would have thought I was drunk. Oscar was fine though he thought it was great, kept stopping and sticking his nose in the air and having a good smell - presumably various dinners from very far away!

Phill

A happy new year to you Phil
I am just getting into scrolling and have been browsing through your web site trivialwood. Excellent name by the way.
Now I just need to get busy and start cutting. I've bought an Ex 16 from Axminster and I am very happy with it. Been reading everything I can
find and digesting it all, so thank you for all the info and of course to everyone else who writes about what they do. I got quite a bit of info from
scrollsawvillage where they have several tutorials for making your own patterns.
And a happy New Year to everyone on this forum.

John

And a Happy New Year to all from us in Fife.
Have just put the light off as I can now see to type with daylight coming through. :shock:

take care
Don W

Aggrajag":16owjiu9 said:
Happy New Year Phill. I've just come back from a very enjoyable 4 day walking holiday in the Lake District and I must admit I'm struggling to get into work mode!

Thank you. The Lake District is a beautiful area of the country but only an ard Yorkshireman would go walking there at this time of year.

I had to smile at your work mode comment. I'm waiting for a few deliveries and I've been cursing the "bloody holidays". I guess one's perspective changes somewhat on retirement (well semi retirement :) ).

Phill

P.S. I should perhaps add I'm a born and bred Yorkshireman who spent a month at Outward Bound in Eskdale.

Back