Happy Endings with a Record DX500 Dust Extractor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

After my "railings" at Record on the phone, they have reacted in a positive way!
Today I have received a 100mm straight coupling and an additional length of see-through tubing (still only reaches 2 metres fully stretched) and... two jubilee clips!
So well done Record!
However, they would have saved everybody a lot of bother if their quality control was up to speed.
And the Dust Extractor?
Excellent and as per the review, although I would not give it the Rolls Royce accolade, more your Volkwagen Golf GTI.
Moral of the story? Don't put up with poor service, complain and get satisfaction.

Regards

Commodore

Glad to hear it has been resolved. I bought one of these at the Yandles show and it has been excellent - but I rang Record after your posting as they had told me at the show that the extractors were still made in the UK.

They said they did not know how or why you had a 'Made in China' on the box becasue they were still as Yorkshire as the pudding.

The closure of the foundry a few years ago by the old American owners did force them to move several products overseas, including China they said, but the extractors were still definately made in the UK.

Know what you mean about the hose though.

Cheers

Scratchy

Back