Hanging Shelves ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteG

Established Member
Reaction score
I've made some more shelves for our lass to hang in her craft room, nothing fancy, but quite solid being made from 22 mm Pine. If you saw a post a put up a couple of weeks back, the wood came from a staircase company that sold the off cuts for fire wood...On the back is a piece of 6 mm ply and four metal corner brackets. Before I start drilling holes and to help clear the brain fog I've had this morning, could anyone confirm what I'm about to do or at least thinking of doing is the right way?

Not sure the brackets are a great help as the centre hole is quite large, but in a test piece of ply I've drilled a hole large enough so the head of the screw will be flush on the bracket, rather than being flush with the ply. At least this way the bracket will be resting on the screw and not the ply if I'd have made a smaller hole...After hanging I was going to see if I could get some thin white stick on discs to cover the screw, and then hide it with a little paint...

Does that sound right or is there a better way? :D

Attachments

• Craft Shelves GV.jpg
    Craft Shelves GV.jpg
    948.3 KB · Views: 84
  • CS Bracket.jpg
    CS Bracket.jpg
    865.9 KB · Views: 85
  • Ply Test.jpg
    Ply Test.jpg
    793.8 KB · Views: 85
I've used similar corner plates and they work just fine. I had some fancy dished brass washers which I used with similar colour screws which set it off nicely.

Marineboy":n5bh3fx0 said:
I've used similar corner plates and they work just fine. I had some fancy dished brass washers which I used with similar colour screws which set it off nicely.

Much appreciated Marineboy :D I'll carry on as planned. Our lass didn't know I'd made them until last night. I told her I was making shelves
for the shed, but now she's seen them, she wants them up sharpish!

Back