handy andy making an appearance.....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kityuser

Established Member
Reaction score
in Maidstone on the 9th oct @ the new (biggest in the country *fanfare*) wickes extra!!!!!!!

i presume he will be flogging MDF by the truck load.

the big question is this: I`m going down there to buy 800 squids worth of paving stones for the new driveway (10% off!), should I tell him exactly what I think of his actions on behalf of UKW or should I just stand and laugh at him while singing "if I had a hammer" :shock:

steve

Handy Andy does have some redeeming features, at least he doesn't use MDF in his own house. The wife saw some daytime TV programme thing where they go into celebs (!) houses and have a nose around. She said it was all nicely done with proper timber. Didn't see it myself but perhaps he can use wood :shock:

Steve, having bought a conservatory from Wickes at Maidstone in April, and having just had the last part delivered last week :evil: :evil: I would make sure that the slabs are in stock and you can take them away on the day. Its taken 6 months for Wickes to sort my order out. I had to resort to writing to FOCUS DIY as their parent company to get matters sorted and am now just waiting for my compensation cheque to arrive in the post :p 5% of the order value back as cash was agreed but I would never order from them again :roll:

On second thoughts perhaps they deserve Handy Andy :wink:

Steve.

hum.... will be ALOT of slabs and not possible for me to take them (i don`t have a lorry!).

I`m quite experienced at being involved in disputes with these sorts of compaines e.g.
1) 4 month dispute with comet over a broken microwave
2) 6 month dispute wth anglian windows over the mis-sale of a door
3) 3 month dispute with homebase over 2 glazed internal doors (still haven`t got them)
4) 13 month dispute over a car insurance claim (smash and run)

I generally go into these types of purchases now with the view that they WILL go wrong!

steve

ps don`t ever get me to buy you anything, it either won`t turn up or it`ll break and the shop will treat you like S**T

kityuser":1zzn5owc said:
the big question is this: .... should I tell him exactly what I think of his actions on behalf of UKW or should I just stand and laugh at him while singing "if I had a hammer" :shock:
Possibly a foolish question, but is there any compelling reason not to do both? :lol:

StevieB":ruvt88i2 said:
Steve, having bought a conservatory from Wickes at Maidstone in April, and having just had the last part delivered last week :evil: :evil: I would make sure that the slabs are in stock and you can take them away on the day. Steve.

I think you need to differentiate between "base" stock, and "custom" stock.

Wickes supplied my wood, concrete, slabs no problems. If they go "out-of-stock" they simply order more from head office. When you buy a conservatory, I think it's made for them by a supplier "to order" so to speak, so they don't have "spares" lying around. So if its msising bits, you have to talk to wickes, they have to talk to the supplier and it takes ages.

Adam

Adam, Tis true I know but my contract was with Wickes, and if Wickes cannot deal with its supplier its still me as the customer that is at the problem end of the chain. Ergo I blame Wickes for the failure to supply. It still reflects badly on them as a company whether they manufacture the kit themselves or order from another supplier. Without going into loads of boring detail, it was mainly the lie after lie after lie that Wicks tried to fob me off with for the parts not arriving that got my goat, if they had said at the start that they were having supply problems and given me an accurate timetable for delivery I would have been annoyed but at least able to plan the rest of the build. It was the 4 promised delivery dates that were subsequently missed that meant a reschedule of the build each time. To cap it all, I now have two of the missing part, as it finally arrived in duplicate! So if anyone buys a Georgian conservatory from Wickes and needs a gable end coupler pack to complete their build, give me a shout :roll:

Steve.

Handy Andy does have some redeeming features, at least he doesn't use MDF in his own house.

P'raps he really loathes MDF, but is forced to use it on the TV, and thats what makes him come across as an obnoxious wally sometimes.

Back