Handscrew

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

:?:

I am building a bench from plans accquired
on a American Website. I need a 'Handscrew'
to make an inexpensive tail vise, it is available on many American tool websites. Can anyone tell me if/where I can buy one here in the U.K.

HandScrews.jpg

They aren't really readily available here in the UK. If you want plans for them you'll find them in Robert Wearings book, "Woodwork Aids and Devices". I believe that the details are also published in a couple of his other books.

If you have one a sash cramp or a bar cramp can also substitute as a tail vice (in te short term)

Online there's Toolbay or probably cheaper, the websiteless Tilgear on 01707-873434. They don't like taking orders by 'phone, but I'm sure they wouldn't mind you ringing up to ask for a catalogue. Oh, they close for lunch too, I believe! Alternatively you can get them from Dick Fine Tools in Germany. They also have a cheaper alternative which isn't bad. Finally, you might find an old secondhand one if you search enough. But that'd be a last resort I think.

Cheers, Jester

Back