Handforth parish council

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noel

Staff member
Reaction score
Doing the rounds on SM. Is this typical of many parish councils? And why do they exist, the rest of the UK seems to get by without them?

Entertaining, muting isn't big in Handforth:

respect-my-authority.jpg

Doing the rounds on SM. Is this typical of many parish councils? And why do they exist, the rest of the UK seems to get by without them?

Entertaining, muting isn't big in Handforth:

:ROFLMAO: Was watching it earlier on.
Yes it is typical, sometimes! Other times they have useful function supporting local initiatives or putting the case for local issues.
Odd that it's only England and Wales - no doubt for historical reasons, or unreasons. Parish councils in England - Wikipedia

Our village is too small to have a Parish Council so we have the next level down, a Parish Meeting which is run by volunteers. It is still formally run and has to abide by national rules and we do have a Parish Clerk. It does a great job.

I was born and raised in Cheshire East and my family are mortified by this. I think it's both hilarious and worrying, how on earth do people in these positions think this is the right way to represent their constituents?

Putting to much power in a vested few locals.
If you are friends with the parish council, need i say more
It is often said that we get the politicians we deserve. A parish council is only as good as the individuals who freely give significant amounts of time and effort to try and improve things at a local level. If you have a low opinion of your PC, why not volunteer to become a councillor yourself and work to improve it?

How it all began, Handforth, The Prequel. Sue seems the only sensible parish councillor there:

Last edited:
Back