Hand-stitched rasps ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MIGNAL":wvnyecpr said:
I'd like to try one of these rasps - if only to give me an indication of which grain size is appropriate for my needs.
Let me know what are your needs : what do you plan to do (pictures welcomed).

graween":1d4yrzpe said:
Hi,
Once you start using a good hand stiched rasps, you wonder why you did not buy them before. There is a world of difference between them and the one you find in usual stores.

+1

Tony Spear":ug2kig72 said:
Flash Git! :mrgreen:

Having lived for much of the last 20 years in French speaking countries I like to try and use my French when I can so I don't loose it - precious few opportunities in the UK :roll:

A bit off topic but in the summer we spent 10 days in France and it was great to hear and speak French again. In fact on the ferry back the French steward actually thought I was French - I asked for some ice in our drinks - and apologised for not asking when I ordered. He replied saying don't worry, he was used to it as the English always ask for extras like ice when they realise they are free! I then thanked him in English and he went so red I thought he was going to have a stroke! :lol:

I have just finished the "pass-around" rasp for you. It will be shipped today. Have fun !

The pass-around is now in my safe hands. I will pass it along latest Friday - just checking with Rod where the pass-list is.
First impression really very good indeed: control; rate of stock removal; potential to get a very good finish indeed.
Anyone know why France is the foremost source in this one particular hand-tool field??
Will report back soon as I have more time with it (and if there is a review thread somewhere I have missed someone put me right please.)

Thanks Paul - sorted now. I'll keep any future comments on the Liogier on the correct thread. I wonder if whoever is on the end of the pass-round would comment on it's ability to stay sharp... :lol: how do you do that when you don't know how sharp it was in the beginning. A conundrum, as I don't sharpen dovetail saws, let alone hand-cut rasps.

Noel - perfectly readable English though I had to look up "saccade"?

Under "Random" You could replace "On the contrary," with "Whereas" or "In contrast,"

In the last link "Concav" should end with an "e" i.e. "Concave"

Rod

Back