Hand powered laminate trimmer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone got one of these (or similar):

laminate trimmer

or a view on them?

If there are better ones available can someone point me in the right direction please.

Thanks

Tim

PS why didn't my link abbreviation work please! :oops:

tim":14gdndfo said:
PS why didn't my link abbreviation work please! :oops:
Erm... 'Cos Rutland's weird page urls and Charley's turning of the "at" symbol into a smilie don't get on I think. :( Trim off the excess junk from Rutlands and you can get this. :D

Cheers, Alf

I've got one. It's OK on melamine but not so good on natural wood edging. I can get a better finish on both with my Veritas flush plane but it takes just a little longer.

Virutex make a better manual one thats about £10.00 more but not easy to find.

Jason

I've got one too...and i agree with Jason

but saying that it wasn't to bad on pine edging...it was oak edging that gave it the trouble.If the grain on the edging changed direction half way down the edge it tended to tear it rather than cut it.

Cheers

Nailer":qem6k8iw said:
.it was oak edging that gave it the trouble
Great - at least I don't have to sort out 20 oak shelves! :roll:

Jason - where was the last time you saw the virutex one. I've seen it too and that was the link I was looking for.

Cheers

Tim

found it now. Although I actually found two! The more expensive one seems to do less (or I may have miss understood the description!)

this one

or

this one

Does the second one only do corners? :?

Cheers

Tim[/quote]

The second one only trims the end, the first one does the two long edges. When I searched before Richard Barry didn't do them, I also think South London Hardwoods can get Virutex products to order.

As Nailer says doing it by hand you can come at the edging from whatever direction suits the grain, with these edgers if the grain runs across the edging one blade will be with the grain one against.

Jason

Back