Hand Plane Cabinet

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bit miffed to see that your work clothes are smarter then my office clothes

Tony are you saying that Philly is a bit of a toff or that you are a bit of a ........ Enter as appropriate :wink: :wink:

Bean

Have you seen his work clothes bean ? :shock:

Black trousers. Black!!! Shouldn't show up the sawdust too much eh? :D :lol: and a shirt that is just too similar to my best and smartest shirt :?

Confession Time
Sorry, I sneaked home early from work one day and could'nt resist "popping out to the garage for a second, Love". Whilst taking those photo's had a suspicion I was drerssed, shall we say, a little too well :roll:
You lot miss nothing, do you!
Regular dress will be returned to immediately! :lol:
Philly :D

Hi Philly

You've made a really good job producing a beautiful cabinet, well done. Love the dovetails.

Cheers
Neil

PS Please note that I didn't once ask where the c@ll@#tors were.

The Mods around here are worrying me now-thats both Alf and Neil being restrained! :wink:
Must be the soothing influence of the dovetails.........

Philly, very nice. What will you put in those drawers?

Dovetail walk through has made be think I should discard my Veritas Guide and try to do some freehand

Andy

Hey Tony I just had a second look at Philly in his finery, smart eh I mean I dont even dress like that when I go to visit customers. :wink:
May be its having such smart planes, you naturally dress to match :wink:

Bean
feeling like a tramp

I worry about you guys, I really do. Not only are you able to take notice of what Philly's wearing when there are all those tool distractions in the background, but now a Jack Daniel's T-Shirt is the height of workshop sartorial elegance?! :shock:

Cheers, Alf

Philly it gets worse not only do you dress for the workshop, you now admit that the shirt belongs to someone else :shock: Is this Jack bloke a neighbour and more importantly does he know :?

Bean

Obviously a washing line tealeaf...

Noel

Just a little update-finished one of the drawers yesterday.
lap13.jpg

Just one to go!!!
And what am I going to do for handles....? Any suggestions?
I have added a Half-lap dovetail section on my web-site if anyone is interested.
http://www.philsville.co.uk/lapdovetails.htm
Cheers

Philly, what did you use for the drawer sides? Personally on such a shallow drawer I would have used similar material to the rest of the unit.
Coming together nicely.

Noel

Noel
Had a small piece of quarter-sawn oak, 6mm thick. Used that-it was flat and convenient!!
Brass cups? Like on a chest Ike?
Philly :shock:

How about making them - a little L-shaped section like this perhaps:

handle.jpg

I'm sure you've got some nice offcuts of Purpleheart or something... :wink:

Neil

Back