Hand drawn turned Olive wood coaster project.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are lovely Adam and they make mine look quite plane. I would have loved to get hold of some olive wood, but never did :cry:

These are in beech and pyrographed. I was commissioned for several sets for friends and neighbours when we lived in France.
Very cool, I've yet to try pyrography, I like the little rim surrounding, a nice touch 👍

If/when you do take it up then my bible on pyrography is 'The Complete Pyrography' by Stephen Poole.
https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Complete...raphy'+by+Stephen+Poole&qid=1599139345&sr=8-3
It takes you right from choosing the kit to quite complicated jobbies. I have a Janic transformer and a Peter Childs wire pen and have had the Janic for more years than I care to think of. The pen is the best one I have had, including one that I made. It's very easy to use and doesn't get at all hot. One thing that I founf with pyro. is that it's quite easy and it's lovely to see the picture build. I am no artist and I use black carbon paper to transfer the pattern onto the wood. Use black and then if you miss or go slightly off the line then it doesn't show as blue would.

The rim? Oh, that stops you falling off the edge when you have had a few :oops:

Back