hand applied gel varnish

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyBoyd

Established Member
Reaction score
I am in shock, but let me back track a little. I worked in the states for a while and whilst there discovered Bartley Gel Varnish - Satin. It's wonderfully easy to apply and lasts a long time in the tin. Upon returning to Europe I found a hardware store in Philidelphia, Killians, who would ship it to me, which they did 3 times over the last 12 years
So as I was running low I ordered another 4 pints, but to my horror, they now say USPS won't ship flammable items.........

So can anyone recommend me a clear Gel Varnish, satin finish, to be hand applied, that I can swap my allegancies to on this side of the pond

heres hoping guys as I am mid project

The only gel like varnish/finish I've come across is called Patina made by Langlow Chemicals. It finishes to a satin appearance and was really nice to use, it went on very well.

Good luck

some US base friends have found a FEDEX flammable good courier service, which is not too expensive so i will stock up

thanks for the replies though much appreciated

That's really good to know. We've had 'our fingers burnt' too many times trying to export our polishes and other flammable products. The worst one was to China which cost £400 (twice the value of the goods!) and then the authorities at Beijing airport wouldn't release it unless payment was made..it wasn't and the goods were destroyed! I vowed never again.

Maybe we can now....

Latest posts

Back