Hammers manufacturers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PAA

Reaction score
Are there any British companies still manufacturing steel Hammers , I try my hardest to only buy British made tools and I cant really find any British manufacturers ,doe anyone know of any

Thor are still going aren't they? Made in Birmingham I believe. Not sure if they do hammers but their mallets are the best I've used.

If you're prepared to go vintage, try searching a well-known internet auction site for 'Brades hammer', 'Whitehouse hammer', 'Stanley hammer' or similar.

Brades was the trade-mark of William Hunt and Sons, whose factory at Oldbury in the West Midlands was known locally as 'the Brades', were highly regarded for their huge range of products, some of which (WHS bricklayers' trowels, for example) are still made by their successors. Cornelius Whitehouse of Cannock ('Hedgehog' brand) were also highly regarded, latterly for their range of sheet-metal working hammers. Stanley need no introduction!

Good examples of those - and other - makers are easy to find second hand in often very good condition, and will easily see out at least another generation or three!

Back