Hammer K3 or Axminster TSCE-12r Table Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyC Longwood

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am in the market for a new table saw and think I have narrowed the search down to the above two saws.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience of the two saws they could offer to help or not in my decision?

Any feedback would be appreciated also any other brands of saws I may have over looked.

Cheers,

Andy

Hi AndyC,

Can't help you with any user experience with these saws, but I just went trough the same with bying a new table saw and ended up with the Hammer K3 winner and is now waiting for delivery.

A good place to get information about the Hammer K3 might be to ask questions in the felder owners group, that helped me in deciding about about the A3 P/T that I also was looking at.

hope this helps some,

John

hi.

they're different kind of saws, really. I've not used any of them but I have also considered both some time ago and have researched a bit.
The hammer is a panel saw, albeit small, it is a more modern design with a sliding table that runs right beside the blade and as such more precise when crosscutting small pieces (no drag) and can also be used to rip small lengths of waney edged timber. it can be fit with a scorer blade so it's also suited for cutting ply, melamine, etc.
the TSCE is an american type saw, and probably more robustly build, which is evident in small details like the cast handwheels (the hammer's are plastic), and the steel rip fence bar (the hammer's is aluminium).
IMHO the hammer is more suited for general work, specially if you intend to work with man-made materials, and the TSCE is probably more robust for ripping and working with solid timber in joinery where you must work in a larger scale.

Thank you Gents for taking the time to reply, I have decided to buy the Axminster saw after seeing it at the recent woodworking show!!! It arrives this Wednesday!!!!

Thanks again for your replies,

Cheers.

Back