Hammer F3 or similar?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makes sense to me.

I regularly use the Hammer/Felder spindle/router shaft. For larger router bits the 15,000 RPM speed is perfect, and it's surprising how good the finish is even with smaller router bits that you'd normally use at faster speeds.

What's really surprising though is the difference in finish quality when the same router bit is used hand fed in a router table, versus power fed on a spindle moulder. There's no doubt that the spindle moulder delivers a noticeable improvement.
Interesting - the felder sales man told me in a confession that the machine is not fast enough for small conventional router bits (they need around 20.000 rpm) so I’ll be interested to see the results. He did say that larger bits will be fine. But apparently felder do their own set of small bits specifically design for lower speeds.

Louis

Also a note to others. If you don’t ask you don’t get. I asked if there was anything better they could do with the price before I pull the trigger and they knocked £600.00 off!
Thank you very much, chicken dinner for me tonight!
Louis

Well, this baby finally turned up two weeks ago. Purchased a brand new auto feed also (co-magic AF34 I think)

Wow am I impressed with the value for money. It has all the features you would want from a moulder and is as sturdy also. Fine adjust, tilting spindle, quick release shaft etc. The sliding bed “X-roll” and fence are amazing. Very quick to set up for tenoning and will be superb for anything angled. It’s a bit like having a spindle moulding panel saw.

Build quality (exterior wise anyway) is no different to my Felder panel saw, we’ll just have to see how the internals hold out. But for a little over 3k I am well chuffed

I’ll take some extra pix this week. Any q’s just ask

Louis

Attachments

• 4E403E5A-424C-4E2C-889A-AFBD308AD844.jpeg
    4E403E5A-424C-4E2C-889A-AFBD308AD844.jpeg
    287.1 KB · Views: 49
Nice machine. I looked at the one Felder had at Milton Keynes last year.
I thought it was only the Felder machines that had the X Roll table ?

Latest posts

Back