Hammer B3 fence options

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LazyNine

Reaction score
I recently bought an older Hammer B3 that came with the infamous triangular profile rip fence. The rest of the machine is great but I'm finding the fence as unsatisfactory as many other posters on the web have. The clumsy jumble of adjustment levers crammed together is annoying but the thing I'm really struggling with is the amount of flex. Coming from an old Sartrite with a fence that clamped both front and back of the table it feels like this fence is waving in the breeze!

Felder/Hammer do a newer fence that fits on to the existing aluminium rail that the current fence runs on, but before I hand over £177 for it would be great to hear from anyone who has tried it and whether it is an improvement in terms of flex . From a close examination of mine I get the feeling that it is the aluminium rail that is allowing the flex so a new fence might not make much difference to that, although the improved lever lay out would be great.

Another possible option is the after market cast iron rail fence that Scott Sargeant do for £250.

It would be great to hear from anyone with experience of either of these fences or any other options.

Thanks in advance,

Ed

Back